**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Apr 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #2,690 of 3,203
Any other tell? Mine doesn't have the marking although it's suppose to be a 3.2 with Alpha pads.

Also, I've heard they fit in the hifiman travel case. I will try later tonight.

Looks like just a sticker, so it could have fallen off.

Yeah, let me know how that fits and where to get one (unless just from the obvious :))

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #2,691 of 3,203
Dan, if there were a contest for the package with the most unnecessary protection, I would probably win it. I hope you don't laugh hard when you receive my MD3.2's, boxed into a larger 18x12x12 box, suspended by inches of plastic airshell pillows all around. 

Yeah, it's not like I love your products, or anything 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #2,692 of 3,203
  Dan, if there were a contest for the package with the most unnecessary protection, I would probably win it. I hope you don't laugh hard when you receive my MD3.2's, boxed into a larger 18x12x12 box, suspended by inches of plastic airshell pillows all around. 

Yeah, it's not like I love your products, or anything 
rolleyes.gif

We've gotten a few that way.  :)  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 18, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #2,693 of 3,203
I am loving my 3.2's so much that I'm concerned that upgrading to the ADs may not work for me. The MD's sound signature really matches my taste. If anything, I might have to have both MD and AD. :eek: Then, there's the MDP. :xf_eek:

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #2,694 of 3,203
I know there is an option for a discount code. Mr. Speakers is there a coupon code or something? I find the $60 in taxes and shipping to be too much, and would like to get a discount.

Anyone with information, would be appreciated. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #2,696 of 3,203
Looks like just a sticker, so it could have fallen off.

Yeah, let me know how that fits and where to get one (unless just from the obvious
smily_headphones1.gif
)

So you can get these directly from Head-Direct.com but I also think there's a non HF labeled version on either E-bay or Amazon (exact same case for the same price). As you can see, the fit isn't perfect but it holds it in place very well. You'll have to adjust the headband perfectly to fit and remove the cable, so long as you're not transporting it on the daily or often, you should be ok to use it. I've tried zipping up the case and shaking it around, no movement on the MDs.

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #2,697 of 3,203
Thanks for the pics and info. I do want one that I'll be using quite often. Maybe not daily, but a few times a week. I also need it in such a way as not to have to readjust the headband. If I don't find one, I'll probably default to these.

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #2,699 of 3,203
Anyone got experience with the MD3.2 and Bluemonkeyflyers DBV#3 mod?

I've got a pair of the DBV#3 and now I'm considering getting the MD3.2 but I'm afraid that they will sound too similar. So if anyone heard both: what's the main differences and are they different enough to have both?

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #2,700 of 3,203
Did Mr. Speakers do away with the option to upgrade Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs? I was just on their site and I don't see that option anymore… 

EDIT: nevermind - I see it, just wasn't on the Mad Dog product page under the other upgrades. It's at the bottom of the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back