**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Mar 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #2,461 of 3,203
I've read from multiple posts across multiple threads, that the M8 is a good match for Mad Dogs. However, I've yet to hear anybody's opinion on the MDP with M8. I realize the Pro is a relatively new flavor, but has anybody had a chance to try it yet with the M8? Any opinions?

The back-story: For my birthday, I ordered a HiFi M8 (4XL) which my wife (god bless her) actually found in-stock somewhere, and Mad Dog Pros with XLR. They haven't arrived yet. I had a "general" idea of what I wanted, but having only ever used lower-mid quality IEM's, I'm kind of going in blind and hoping for the best. And also I can hardly wait for them to arrive, so in the mean time I've read everything I could find on them, and am now attempting to generate more discussion to tide me over. :) 

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #2,464 of 3,203
FYI our site is down for a bit while we install our new store platform.

FYI #2 is we shipped half our back log of Pros today and the other half will ship tomorrow, at which point we'll be in stock.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #2,465 of 3,203

FYI #2 is we shipped half our back log of Pros today and the other half will ship tomorrow, at which point we'll be in stock.

I wonder if mine has shipped or not. the shipping number doesnt work. I am sure I will find out soon enough. I am very eager to put these up against the MD 3.2 I already have. 

Mar 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #2,466 of 3,203
I haven't had too much time with these, but these are so damn comfy. Clamp isn't too much and the alpha pads are just ridiculously comfy! 

Thanks Dan!
beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #2,467 of 3,203

Hi Dan - what is the turnaround time on Mad Dog Universal -> to -> Mad Dog Pro upgrades ?

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #2,468 of 3,203
Roughly a week.  Demand was much higher than we expected.  We'll have all new orders shipped tomorrow and make a dent in the upgrades we have in house, I hope to have the units on hand shipped by Wed of next week. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2,469 of 3,203
  How do you like the bass? It's the one thing I'm concerned about after reading headfonia's review that is keeping me from pulling the trigger!

I'd suggest the mad dog pros if bass is a concern.

at first, I was like "my god, where da bass at?" (i'm coming from he 400-which i still own).
but I think part of it too is that the bass came out from burn in/it clamped more so the bass was louder (My ears possibly being closer to the driver after wearing it for a bit?)-but it does sound much different than the first time i wore them.

I feel like it's borderline regular bass to bass light imo. It's really not an issue anymore for me, but again I do think part of it might've been burn-in.

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #2,470 of 3,203
Wow just got my MDP's... (Never have owned any mad dog headphones before) Can say they are absolutely amazing and sound incredible on just about every genre. Every part of the frequencies from bottom to top seem to be very present. Everything from the Beatles, to Jazz, to Frank Sinatra, to rock, to dubstep sound crazy good... 

The past few headphones I've owned are the Audio Technica ATH M50s and the A900X and I can say these blow those away already, and mine haven't even burnt in yet. Definately worth every penny. If I had to compare it to a particular headphone, I'd say it's a lot like the M50's in my opinion, except better in every way. 

Also,
Something that I've noted coming from other headphones in regard to the MDPs, EQing seems to be very effective on these headphones for getting the sound signature you want, probably because they ship with a neutral sound signature with a touch of bass emphasis.

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #2,471 of 3,203

I'd suggest the mad dog pros if bass is a concern.

at first, I was like "my god, where da bass at?" (i'm coming from he 400-which i still own).
but I think part of it too is that the bass came out from burn in/it clamped more so the bass was louder (My ears possibly being closer to the driver after wearing it for a bit?)-but it does sound much different than the first time i wore them.

I feel like it's borderline regular bass to bass light imo. It's really not an issue anymore for me, but again I do think part of it might've been burn-in.

Thanks for the input! The MDPs are really looking like a good option. I am highly considering them. I'm not a basshead, but I like a warm sound with some bass punch.

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #2,473 of 3,203

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #2,474 of 3,203
Hey Dan are you going ti be at this upcoming Dallas meet again?? That'd be absolutely swell and I might be able to purchase a pair of MDs off you around that time! :)

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #2,475 of 3,203
Man, i just got some used MD 3.2 w/ alphas. I am just, well impressed, for a closed can, i really couldnt ask for much more at this price point. They are incredibly comfortable, very neutral sounding, so a very easy listen. Im coming from He-4s and re262s two hps that aren't neutral at all. The he4 obviously wins in detail, air, separation and everything but isolation. BUT, i find myself, just enjoying the fact, that i can crank these up, and my wife cant hear me in the other room. Not to mention they are great for long listening session, listened to an entire album already, no fatigue, comfort or otherwise. Great great job here Mr speakers/ Dan, never heard a base t50, but these are fantastic, absolutely love the pads, handmade and just amazing comfort. Just wanted to stop in and show my appreciation and say thanks for your work here in the head-fi community sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back