MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,066 of 2,843

Don forget "PLUS TAX" and DUM cable 
biggrin.gif

It's really crazy because if I'm buying the Ether (with the regular cable) directly from MrSpeakers , the total price in CAD with the shipping and the Duty will be $2150.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #1,067 of 2,843

It's really crazy because if I'm buying the Ether (with the regular cable) directly from MrSpeakers , the total price in CAD with the shipping and the Duty will be $2150.

Man I live in Canada as well, it is not fair that we have to pay crazy prices.
Unfortunately, US companies forget about their customers at other countries. They set prices based on US customers abilities, rate, market...etc. 

Jun 8, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #1,068 of 2,843
AxelCloris said:
That said, the HE1000 will be returned at the end of the beta period next week and I have just ordered an ETHER.

I dont think you need to say anything else :)

Many thx also to MattTCG & warrenpchi for the great reviews. Btw, not sure if it fits but that NEADA acronym would sound much catchier as DEANA .. ETHER - DEANA

Jun 8, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #1,069 of 2,843

Unfortunately, US companies forget about their customers at other countries. They set prices based on US customers abilities, rate, market...etc. 

We don't "forget" at all, but there's nothing to do about it.  Currency fluctuations and local taxes are totally out of our control.  However, we do export with NAFTA certification to minimize duties.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 8, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #1,073 of 2,843
The Ether has a rectangular shaped opening that is 60x40cm. In contrast the he1000 is 80x50cm. 

The hd800 is most spacious at 65x80cm...fyi. 

Jun 8, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #1,075 of 2,843
  The Ether has a rectangular shaped opening that is 60x40cm. In contrast the he1000 is 80x50cm.

The hd800 is most spacious at 65x80cm...fyi.

Even the HD800 cannot fully enclose my elephantine ears. Every headphone is "on ear" for me (and I suspect many others). That's OK, as long the pads are comfy and the grip isn't a "vice of death".

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #1,080 of 2,843

I'm not too sure but I asked the guy from http://www.headfoneshop.com/ a few weeks ago, and he said he might sell the ethers at his store. Not sure if he will go through with this, but if he does do it, it will be an audition day 1 from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back