MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #346 of 2,843
  There was no Hugo there. My friend Joe who I carpooled with to the meet heard the Hugo/Ether/carbon at Canjam and couldn't start raving about it. The Ether scales nicely with better upstream gear. But like I said you get a lot of performance from the Ether with mid fi amps. 

The Ether with the Carbon and an uberfrost is just crazy good. Competes with setups that costing much much more. 

Has anyone heard the Ether with the Carbon and an AK120ii as source & Dac?

Thanks..

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #347 of 2,843
Dan was actually using the AK as a tranport but not as dac directly. I used the x5 with the Ether and found it lacking. But adding the ha-2 to the x5, I was impressed at the level of quality that was there. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #348 of 2,843
Anyone with an Ether try this track please? I wonder about sub-bass performance and this song is perfect to test that. Thanks in advance.

Also this:

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #350 of 2,843
Latin pop... I really like this song. Another task.
tongue.gif
Good song to test musicality. Musical headphones should make you want to dance while listening to this.

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #351 of 2,843
cute
For me the end has begun about a year ago, when i bought ATH M- 50s, listen them direct from notebook and was happy. Then i foundout from google, that such thing as DAC/headphone AMP exist- hello my new nad d1050. Amazing! But what if m50's are not the best headphones in the world and my dac deserves better? That's when actualy pandora box has opened- i read review of HE500s on head fi, registered at forum, placed order for cans...
Now i,m sitting here and thinking, what i need more- Schiit YgyyRag combo or my kidney and apartment?
biggrin.gif

You are obviously a perfect member of the Head-fi community.  :)

I think we're all like this....

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #352 of 2,843
With the Yggy release imminent and the Cavalli Liquid Carbon pre-order currently going on, I am in quite the quandary. I've pre-ordered the Ether but am amp-less. I currently have a Gungnir. I could stick with Gungnir and have an LC in four months to pair with the Ether, or I could get the Schiit Rygg, selling Gungnir to help defray the cost. Advice?

Perhaps folks like Currawong and MattTCG, or anyone who has heard Ether at Canjam or the Nashville meet, could elaborate more on the sonic differences between Cavalli LC and the Schiit Rygg in direct comparison. Any thoughts or advice are welcome. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #353 of 2,843
I've heard several Cavali amps now and I really like all of them. The design, build quality and voicing make for some of the best amps you'll hear. For me, the carbon and Ether were a homeroom at the price. The Rag just didn't make magic for me. If you need a headphone amp that also does a decent job powering speakers...then maybe. 

My advice, keep the gungnir. It pair exceptionally well with carbon. You would have a difficult time doing any better than that combo at the at price. 

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #354 of 2,843
We have passed the first 50, I will extend the offer to the first 90, which will cover our first production run. 

Thanks so much for the support!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #355 of 2,843
  We have passed the first 50, I will extend the offer to the first 90, which will cover our first production run. 

I'm sorry. What offer??

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #357 of 2,843
  I've heard several Cavali amps now and I really like all of them. The design, build quality and voicing make for some of the best amps you'll hear. For me, the carbon and Ether were a homeroom at the price. The Rag just didn't make magic for me. If you need a headphone amp that also does a decent job powering speakers...then maybe. 

My advice, keep the gungnir. It pair exceptionally well with carbon. You would have a difficult time doing any better than that combo at the at price. 

I always found homeroom pretty boring myself.  :)

But seriously...
Quote:

Dan, just to make sure I didn't miss some other deal...you're talking about the cable deal?

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #358 of 2,843
Ah, I did miss something.  Didn't know about the t-shirt.

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #359 of 2,843
Guys, i'm living in Russia and earn 300$ per month as night club security stuff.
Our customs services much like repo man, that tooks out all your organs with duty, and total price for Ether will be somwhere at 2k bucks or even more.
But God is my witness, if after release this cans achive such positive feedback, as already did, there's no doubt, that they will be under my dam* christmas tree :cool:

You'll have to break a lot more extra bones this year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back