MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Apr 12, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #4,846 of 5,796
Just got Alpha Primes in great condition and they are very awesome. I'll think I'll stick with Mrspeakers for my next purchase. How is the Ether C in comparison?
sorry I took so long to answer you I was waiting for replace pads for alpha prime. ap vs ecf they have simular family sound. The big difference is the flows vocals are more forward sounding it's got a deeper richer tone with a little better bass the AP sounds thin by compareasnt

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #4,847 of 5,796
I have the same pads as you but I find the extra clamping force to be a little uncomfortable. I also notice they really darked the sound, not unpleasant but slightly off. How I'm using my pads off alfa prime. Big pillowy comfort, good sound stage and improved bass.
My old stretched out alpha prime pads fit on ether C flows the new alpha pads DO NOT FIT they are to small and have a bigger lip so do not buy for ether headphones

Apr 14, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #4,848 of 5,796
i wish mrspeakers can do a dampening something like this on the EFO, currently dampening + this, i think work very well for me
new damping like this, will be very nice for me.

iHLgk7G.png

Apr 14, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #4,849 of 5,796
Big thanks to Dan and the MrSpeakers crew at AXPONA yesterday for being so accommodating and helpful. I spent a lot of time at their booth downstairs auditioning the Aeons and Ethers with various Schiit gear, then again at the upstairs suite with Cavalli gear. Ended up buying the Ether Flow, then went back downstairs to do some more Schiit testing. (or would that be tasting?)

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4,850 of 5,796
Big thanks to Dan and the MrSpeakers crew at AXPONA yesterday for being so accommodating and helpful. I spent a lot of time at their booth downstairs auditioning the Aeons and Ethers with various Schiit gear, then again at the upstairs suite with Cavalli gear. Ended up buying the Ether Flow, then went back downstairs to do some more Schiit testing. (or would that be tasting?)

why did you choose the ether flow? did you try the ether c flow as well?

Apr 14, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #4,851 of 5,796
why did you choose the ether flow? did you try the ether c flow as well?
I tried the closed version briefly; the sound stage seemed less three dimensional to me. I have a quiet environment at home, so I don't need a closed headphone. I almost bought the Aeon open, as it is very comfortable to wear, but felt like I would regret not going for the Ether Flow.

Apr 14, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #4,852 of 5,796
I tried the closed version briefly; the sound stage seemed less three dimensional to me. I have a quiet environment at home, so I don't need a closed headphone. I almost bought the Aeon open, as it is very comfortable to wear, but felt like I would regret not going for the Ether Flow.
I think you made the right choice. Since your wallet already lost its will to live, I recommend throwing some more cash at the Voce earpads :)
The ECF does some things better, but the EF sounds more organic to me, especially with them electrostat pads.

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #4,853 of 5,796
i wish mrspeakers can do a dampening something like this on the EFO, currently dampening + this, i think work very well for me
new damping like this, will be very nice for me.

iHLgk7G.png

All headphones have standing waves like this between the driver and the ear. It is not possible to eliminate this. The exact frequency varies by person as it is mostly a function of pinna shape and size. If this is your only correction, all I can say is we did our job just right, and your EQ can address what we can't with physics.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 15, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #4,854 of 5,796
All headphones have standing waves like this between the driver and the ear. It is not possible to eliminate this. The exact frequency varies by person as it is mostly a function of pinna shape and size. If this is your only correction, all I can say is we did our job just right, and your EQ can address what we can't with physics.

For sure, your headphones are my end game :)
before doing this EQ i thinked about if treble have small peak or something (because i saw some people describe it like: '' the sound is like a little u or v shapped blah blah '', some people not and i hear a small boost in small area in treble), seeing the graph of innerfidelity and diyaudioheaven for example ....

The graph of Diyaudioheaven show that small peak in 7khz but Inner show it in 9khz, so wich is the correct? i try both with -3dB ( but today i put -2.5dB in 9khz and Q:10), for see wich work well, and for me work well in 9khz, so i think all the people have a different sound depend of his ear, for me with that EQ, is i wanted for a lot of time :)
both signatures, smooth-revealing with nice punch ( very nice punch )+ eq ( -3db in 7khz ) and the other one is without the dampening is more neutral very revealing and detail, with decent amounth of punch
I like both of them and i think is very good the stock FR but i like more the stock efo with that small eq in my case.
the smooth treble is more linear
tjFrf1q.png

fr-ether-open.png

i think in 9khz it have a little ( very small ) peak, without that peak ( if it's real lol ) in my case. it sound how i want, for more revealing signature i like the headphone without the thing that damping the low treble frecuency ( without EQ... ) these foam are very fun

Very well done Mrspeakers.
Now i buyed my Burson conductor cv2+ and really love them.
9KAOaW3.jpg

:floatsmile::floatsmile::floatsmile:

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #4,857 of 5,796
Burton amps are really smooth. I like them with good multibit DACs, very liquid sound.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #4,859 of 5,796
Dan,

Regarding today's email about ETHER Flow and Alpha Upgrades, you are discontinuing the regular ETHER to ETHER Flow upgrades?

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #4,860 of 5,796
Dan,

Regarding today's email about ETHER Flow and Alpha Upgrades, you are discontinuing the regular ETHER to ETHER Flow upgrades?

Yes, Aug 30 will be the last day to order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back