MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 31, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #4,202 of 5,796
Mar 31, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #4,203 of 5,796
Great album.

Ten came out my senior year of highschool. Every party that year ended up with all of us being drunk on cheap beer and thinking really deep thoughts while Black played in the background. Usually not before somebody got in a fight while NIN was on.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #4,204 of 5,796

Great album.

Ten came out my senior year of highschool. Every party that year ended up with all of us being drunk on cheap beer and thinking really deep thoughts while Black played in the background. Usually not before somebody got in a fight while NIN was on.

One of my all time favourite albums to play the drums along with.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #4,205 of 5,796
Great album.

Sorry love NIN too.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #4,206 of 5,796
Mar 31, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #4,207 of 5,796
Awesome would play along with guitar my self.

I'll come on down and enjoy some southern hospitality and we can jam away brother! I would love to spend some time in the southern US. I am just now finishing up a really amazing university course on Canada-US relations (I'm an older student) which really makes you gain an appreciation for how lucky both countries are to enjoy such great neighbours! It really is an exceptional, but of course not perfect, relationship. My paternal grandfather was a US citizen and he died one, he lived here many years of course, but never became a Canadian citizen. He was from NYC and used to tell me stories about living there in the 1930s so I have an affinity for the US and remain very interested in our huge neighbour to the south.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #4,208 of 5,796
I am just now finishing up a really amazing university course on Canada-US relations (I'm an older student) which really makes you gain an appreciation for how lucky both countries are to enjoy such great neighbours!

I'm an American and most of the way through the application process for Canadian permanent residency, will probably have a Sin# sometime this Summer. Having spent time in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver I'll say that I'm pretty happy to have access to both countries.

And yeah, that NIN album was a classic. I liked it a lot too.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #4,209 of 5,796
Hey guys, looking for some advice. I've been running my Ether Flows and Ether Cs through a Schiit Bifrost uber and Lyr (with various high quality tubes) and I'm finding that I don't really like the sound signature from the Schiit gear with these headphones. I find it to be too harsh on the high end and it makes listening for long periods of time uncomfortable. I've been mainly using my Ether Cs in a portable setup of a iBasso DX90 + Cayin C5 and have found that its darker overall profile pairs much better with either of the Ethers, though a lot of detail is lost compared to the Schiit gear. Does anyone have recommendations for a desktop dac/amp setup that would fit my tastes better than the Schiit gear? Or maybe just a different amp and keep the Bifrost uber?

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #4,210 of 5,796
Hey guys, looking for some advice. I've been running my Ether Flows and Ether Cs through a Schiit Bifrost uber and Lyr (with various high quality tubes) and I'm finding that I don't really like the sound signature from the Schiit gear with these headphones. I find it to be too harsh on the high end and it makes listening for long periods of time uncomfortable. I've been mainly using my Ether Cs in a portable setup of a iBasso DX90 + Cayin C5 and have found that its darker overall profile pairs much better with either of the Ethers, though a lot of detail is lost compared to the Schiit gear. Does anyone have recommendations for a desktop dac/amp setup that would fit my tastes better than the Schiit gear? Or maybe just a different amp and keep the Bifrost uber?

When I got my Bifrost Uber upgraded to the multibit version, I found that the high end became more accurate and less harsh, reducing fatigue. At the time I had an Asgard 2 amp and Alpha Prime headphones. Since then, Asgard 2 was replaced by Jotunheim, and Alpha Primes by Ether C Flows, with the balanced DUM cable. Even better. I don't know how the Lyr sounds, though.

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #4,211 of 5,796

The multi bit DAC upgrades will help, you might also consider the MJ2 with some Miniwatt tubes (thanks MattTCG for that tip) or the LIquid Carbon. If you can afford the step up to the GMB... Don't underestimate the effect of the DAC on the signal chain, and also be sure your source is lossless, not Spotify, Pandora, etc. You'll hear the compression artifacts with lower quality source.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 2, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #4,212 of 5,796

you are basshead if u use c5 no point denying it, so take some recs here with a grain of salt otherwise u will keep buying and not getting where u want

get a great amp with bass boost otherwise u are wasting ur money, also steer away from words like great detail and such, and look at words like warm layered first and then consider details. no way on earth can you get into what u look for from just a dac/amp with no bass boost in the chain and eq peroid

get a chord mojo and connect to alo mk3 B and use eq that is my advise

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #4,213 of 5,796
The multi bit DAC upgrades will help, you might also consider the MJ2 with some Miniwatt tubes (thanks MattTCG for that tip) or the LIquid Carbon. If you can afford the step up to the GMB... Don't underestimate the effect of the DAC on the signal chain, and also be sure your source is lossless, not Spotify, Pandora, etc. You'll hear the compression artifacts with lower quality source.

The Bifrost multibit upgrade makes a big difference. A good value for the price.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #4,214 of 5,796

I am just now finishing up a really amazing university course on Canada-US relations (I'm an older student) which really makes you gain an appreciation for how lucky both countries are to enjoy such great neighbours!

I'm an American and most of the way through the application process for Canadian permanent residency, will probably have a Sin# sometime this Summer. Having spent time in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver I'll say that I'm pretty happy to have access to both countries.

And yeah, that NIN album was a classic. I liked it a lot too.

Well, welcome to having permanent residency status. It must be nice to officially have two nations as home. I wish my paternal family link could help me get status in the US of some sort as having options in life is never bad. We were talking about the album Ten by Pearl Jam, but I do also enjoy some NIN without a doubt, although I found his work to feel pretty stagnant the last few albums that I purchased. I haven't kept up with NIN for about 10 years now so perhaps I should hear his most recent works?

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #4,215 of 5,796
  you are basshead if u use c5 no point denying it, so take some recs here with a grain of salt otherwise u will keep buying and not getting where u want

get a great amp with bass boost otherwise u are wasting ur money, also steer away from words like great detail and such, and look at words like warm layered first and then consider details. no way on earth can you get into what u look for from just a dac/amp with no bass boost in the chain and eq peroid

get a chord mojo and connect to alo mk3 B and use eq that is my advise

I agree, as a basshead who had to come out of the closet I have had to live your advice and look for warmer, meaty headphones that still provide adequate detail, but not a focus on linearity of frequency response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back