MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 16, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #4,096 of 5,796
Get ya popcorn ready! 
popcorn.gif

Zeos finally uploaded his review of the Flow/Flow C.

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #4,099 of 5,796
ETHER-stat pads in house. Yes, the sound stage becomes massive. Listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela now and I can finally hear the whole stage. Lot's of air around instruments and voices. This is more of a three dimensional sound scape. There's a touch of darkness that wasn't there before in the upper mids, lower treble area. Some will prefer the change. I'm pretty sure that I do. 

Need to listen to some more test songs. 

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #4,100 of 5,796
  ETHER-stat pads in house. Yes, the sound stage becomes massive. Listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela now and I can finally hear the whole stage. Lot's of air around instruments and voices. This is more of a three dimensional sound scape. There's a touch of darkness that wasn't there before in the upper mids, lower treble area. Some will prefer the change. I'm pretty sure that I do. 

Need to listen to some more test songs. 

Wow, I must have missed this upgrade...can you point me to the details?
I'm looking for a reason to keep the Ether Flow.

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #4,102 of 5,796

Wow, I must have missed this upgrade...can you point me to the details?
I'm looking for a reason to keep the Ether Flow.

I am in the same boat.  Not sure that darkening the treble is somewhere I want to go.  I wasn't thrilled with the treble in the ETHER and had hoped the Flow update would help me out.  Not sure about this now.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #4,104 of 5,796

What is your dislike in the treble, the spike 6k-9k range?

I know some have found the Flow(especially the C) to be bright.  For me the high end is lacking and rolled off.  Perhaps it is 60+ years old ears but that is one of the reasons(the bass is another) I reach for my LCD-X 80% of the time.

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #4,106 of 5,796
In the comments he said the LCD-X's have a wider soundstage than the open Flows.

Sure they do Zeos, sure they do... :rolling_eyes:

Mar 17, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #4,108 of 5,796
Mar 17, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #4,109 of 5,796

I wouldn't know because after three minutes I threw up from the shaky cam video. 

I tried watching the review of the Flows and I have to agree. I couldn't watch more than a couple minutes of that movement. Gave it a fair shot, but no. From what I've gathered it sounds like he enjoyed the headphones, so hopefully a few of his subscribers will give them a try as well. They're incredible headphones. That's why I have mine at home and use one at the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back