MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Feb 6, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #3,736 of 5,796
Check this out, Electronic Arts' FIFA tournament is under way.  Guess which headphone is in use?   They're running PS4 and Xbox, into Chord Mojo's with ETHER C and ETHER C Flow.  Here's some footage from the final on Sunday.

P.S.  Yes, one player seems to have not worn his headphones backwards. 

They know good sound when they hear it! :)

I love the Ether flow c paired with Cavalli gear personally. Their signature sound mixed with Mr speakers cans gives great musicallity. I was happy to listen a lot of the pairings at the Mr. Speakers booth at canjam.

Agreed! The Flow C paired with my Liquid Gold s some serious synergy. :)

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,738 of 5,796
Thinking about upgrading my original C to the Flow Open. I doubt that going from the original C to C Flow would be an upgrade. Instead, planning to buy AEON for closed-back. Ether C is a bit heavy for my taste (390g), but AEON is lighter by 50g...Hope I hear some good thing about AEON.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #3,739 of 5,796
I love the Ether flow c paired with Cavalli gear personally. Their signature sound mixed with Mr speakers cans gives great musicallity. I was happy to listen a lot of the pairings at the Mr. Speakers booth at canjam.

Aaaand a plug for the Liquid Crimson - the one everyone forgets to mention.  I just love that amp!

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #3,740 of 5,796
  Check this out, Electronic Arts' FIFA tournament is under way.  Guess which headphone is in use?   They're running PS4 and Xbox, into Chord Mojo's with ETHER C and ETHER C Flow.  Here's some footage from the final on Sunday.

P.S.  Yes, one player seems to have not worn his headphones backwards. 

One has earbuds under them it appeared.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #3,741 of 5,796
  Thinking about upgrading my original C to the Flow Open. I doubt that going from the original C to C Flow would be an upgrade. Instead, planning to buy AEON for closed-back. Ether C is a bit heavy for my taste (390g), but AEON is lighter by 50g...Hope I hear some good thing about AEON.

Also, the second market price of the C Flow might drop fast once AEON hits a market..

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #3,742 of 5,796
  Also, the second market price of the C Flow might drop fast once AEON hits a market..

Why?
Different price points. 
I doubt if the used price of the LCD-3 dropped at all when the EL-8 came out. I see them going now for around 60% of new which sounds about right.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #3,743 of 5,796

Shouldn't ... I went back and forth at MrSpeakers table at CanJam using one of his better amps, using my original dumb cable, attaching the aeon then [my] flow c [w/flat pads], back and forth, using the same few sample tracks. This is in no way a negative criticism. I'll just say I never had a second where I said "wish I had the Aeon over my Flow C". AEON is great. Ether Flow C is just clearly greater.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #3,745 of 5,796
Shouldn't ... I went back and forth at MrSpeakers table at CanJam using one of his better amps, using my original dumb cable, attaching the aeon then flow c (flat pads), back and forth, using the same few sample tracks. This is in no way a negative criticism. I'll just say I never had a second where I said "wish I had the Aeon over my Flow C". AEON is great. Ether Flow C is just clearly greater.

I suspect that AEON has a clear advantage in regards to comfort. Some of my family members told me that Ether C is too large and heavy, but AEON seems to be a bit lighter. Not sure about differences in their performances yet. Tyll already mentioned that he told MrSpeakers that this will canibalize their sales on higher ends.
Anyway, it is quite difficult to decide which ways I have to go..between C Flow or Flow Open..  As my wife does not like sound leakage from open cans, I need to buy AEON if I upgrade to Flow Open..

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #3,746 of 5,796
  I suspect that AEON has a clear advantage in regards to comfort. Some of my family members told me that Ether C is too large and heavy, but AEON seems to be a bit lighter. Not sure about differences in their performances yet. Tyll already mentioned that he told MrSpeakers that this will canibalize their sales on higher ends.
Anyway, it is quite difficult to decide which ways I have to go..between C Flow or Flow Open..  As my wife does not like sound leakage from open cans, I need to buy AEON if I upgrade to Flow Open..

Try the LCD-XC. Betcha they will say the Ether C is so light.  
wink_face.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #3,748 of 5,796

I can't see how 20 pennies of difference will make that big of a difference in comfort given the suspension style. My kids think it is funny how big they are. I can say C to Flow Open was the choice I made. I still miss having the extra isolation of the C but with all my IEMs I really shouldn't be thinking that way.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #3,749 of 5,796
They know good sound when they hear it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed! The Flow C paired with my Liquid Gold s some serious synergy.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder if the EA Sports event use was promotional in nature with Mr. Speakers providing the headphones for exposure? There is no doubt that the Ether line are indeed stupidly good headphones, but it does seem like a very odd choice for EA to make given that their core of users, and I'm using educated speculation here not fact I realize, are I suspect too young to be able to afford the Ether line. You would think they would pair with more game/consumer offerings of which there are so many choices.

Still, I guess it is plausible that somebody at EA sport has and just loved the Ether Cs so they decided to use them regardless of whether the younger consumers would be able to afford them or not. Who knows? I certainly don't, but we can't rule out a promotional arrangement, kind of like product placement in television shows.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #3,750 of 5,796
I wonder if the EA Sports event use was promotional in nature with Mr. Speakers providing the headphones for exposure? There is no doubt that the Ether line are indeed stupidly good headphones, but it does seem like a very odd choice for EA to make given that their core of users, and I'm using educated speculation here not fact I realize, are I suspect too young to be able to afford the Ether line. You would think they would pair with more game/consumer offerings of which there are so many choices.

Still, I guess it is plausible that somebody at EA sport has and just loved the Ether Cs so they decided to use them regardless of whether the younger consumers would be able to afford them or not. Who knows? I certainly don't, but we can't rule out a promotional arrangement, kind of like product placement in television shows.

Well, I'm not going to subscribe to any theories. Dan did a gamer package with Creative and the original ETHER C so perhaps that's where the initial gamer angle started.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777735/mrspeakers-ether-c-review-announcement-a-new-closed-back-planar-magnetic-flagship-from-mrspeakers/2010#post_12242312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back