MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Oct 11, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #2,356 of 5,796
  I just got a new Wywires Platinum balanced headphone cable to use with both Ethers. Its almost broken in and should make the wait semi painless. 

​Please let us know how you think the Wywires Platinum compares with the RED, either in this thread or elsewhere. I'm presently using the RED with my Ether C but am considering a change to the Platinum.  Thanks.

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #2,357 of 5,796
Important correction on timing for first upgrades, 20 go out this week, 20 more on Tuesday of next week.   My apologies for that error...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 11, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,359 of 5,796
  no worries, I assume the shipping info and tracking will be mailed to the customer?
Waiting patiently for now hehe

Of course!  :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #2,361 of 5,796

​Please let us know how you think the Wywires Platinum compares with the RED, either in this thread or elsewhere. I'm presently using the RED with my Ether C but am considering a change to the Platinum.  Thanks.

There are lots of impressions about the Platinum posted over here...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717013/wywires-red-headphone-cable

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #2,362 of 5,796
Why is Dan making people interested in the upgrade follow this incredibly busy Headfi thread for updates?

It's rude. It's bad business.

It would literally take a few minutes to send an email update to the addresses he collected from the web form. The whole "small business" excuse doesn't fly.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2,364 of 5,796
Why is Dan making people interested in the upgrade follow this incredibly busy Headfi thread for updates?

It's rude. It's bad business.

It would literally take a few minutes to send an email update to the addresses he collected from the web form. The whole "small business" excuse doesn't fly.

Are you having a bad day or something?  Why not just make a constructive suggestion like "Hey, I find there's too much upgrade traffic.  What about starting an upgrade thread?"  

Then I would have said, "Whatever the community prefers."  
beerchug.gif

I don't own this thread and I don't "make" anyone do anything, I'm here to answer questions and be helpful.  If people want to move content elsewhere I'll do whatever the community wants. This issue never came up before, I don't even know if other people feel the same way, so hey...   

Community, would you like upgrades on it's own thread, or should it stay here?

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #2,365 of 5,796
Quick question, picked up a pair of used Ethers on the sales forum here, upon opening the hard case the right ear cup literally came off, now, while I am stressed and not too happy about the situation, is that a DIY job or does it need to be sent back?

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #2,367 of 5,796
Dan,

I simply don't see why I should have to follow any thread at all. You and Headfi are different organizations, right?

You have a loyal and rabid customer base. Is spending a few minutes to write email updates too much to ask to keep them them informed?

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #2,368 of 5,796
Quick question, picked up a pair of used Ethers on the sales forum here, upon opening the hard case the right ear cup literally came off, now, while I am stressed and not too happy about the situation, is that a DIY job or does it need to be sent back?

Ack, that's no good, but don't worry we'll fix that up.

You can self-repair it (we'll send a kit) or I'll cover shipping both ways and we'll sort it here for you.  If you prefer try the kit and return it if that doesn't work.  

I suggest you send the phone back so we can verify the other side and be sure all is well, but that's your call.  PM me to let me know how best to support you on this.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #2,369 of 5,796
Dan,

I simply don't see why I should have to follow any thread at all. You and Headfi are different organizations, right?

You have a loyal and rabid customer base. Is spending a few minutes to write email updates too much to ask to keep them them informed?

We can and do communicate by email, however it is my belief there is general interest from the community on the program status.  If I'm wrong or the information isn't appreciated, then I'll stop posting that.  

So far, you're the only one this has bothered, so I would like to know if others feel the same way.  Our goal is to be helpful and informative, but if we're posting stuff that's not appreciated, by all means let us know. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #2,370 of 5,796

We can and do communicate by email, however it is my belief there is general interest from the community on the program status.  If I'm wrong or the information isn't appreciated, then I'll stop posting that.  

So far, you're the only one this has bothered, so I would like to know if others feel the same way.  Our goal is to be helpful and informative, but if we're posting stuff that's not appreciated, by all means let us know. 

First of all, I don't think your customer base is the exact same thing as the Headfi community. I used to visit Headfi a lot; now I rarely do. My system is maxed-out awesome
smily_headphones1.gif
  (well, it will be once I get my Flows), and just I'm not so interested in the forums any more.

Second, I guess it just feels like an issue of basic courtesy. I gave you my information on your website saying I wanted an upgrade. Timing and price on this is uncertain. That's fine; I understand that. But it feels like it should now be on you to keep me up to date on the process. Given that you can let me and everybody else who signed up know via a mass email, making me visit a website not directly connected to you in order to find out about something you should be keeping me informed of, just seems off. 

Best,
Zachary 

Edit: Just to clarify; I don't think it's wrong for you to post updates here. I think it's wrong for you to post updates only here. There have been zero email updates. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back