MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 28, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #2,224 of 5,796
Anyone in Melbourne who'd like to sell their original Ethers?

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #2,226 of 5,796
This has been addressed already by Dan.

We have always said we'd try to complete the first round by the end of September and next steps would be published then, so why are you frustrated?  The only update is we're about a week behind on the first upgrade units, which I hope to complete first week October.   As clearly stated before, at that point we will confirm or modify pricing and send the next round of notices out, and information on overseas upgrades.  

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #2,230 of 5,796
Interesting comparison between the Flow and the C Flow in the Verge review. I disagree though that the C Flow doesn't offer enough isolation to be a good office headphone.

I'm using mine in the office right now and it seems to offer the same isolation/leakage as the original Ether C. Which is pretty average isolation for a closed headphone, but certainly good enough to use in an office without issue.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #2,231 of 5,796
So just double checking. The $350 upgrade alone will make the Ether sound identical to the Flow?

Sep 29, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #2,233 of 5,796
So just double checking. The $350 upgrade alone will make the Ether sound identical to the Flow?

I think it will change the presentation a bit, since the pad will be angled, when my upgrade is done, I will still have the flat pads from the ether, I can probably post a comparison here, I think the flat will be more intimate while the angled will have better soundstage but more laid back.

Sep 29, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #2,234 of 5,796
Interesting comparison between the Flow and the C Flow in the Verge review. I disagree though that the C Flow doesn't offer enough isolation to be a good office headphone.

I'm using mine in the office right now and it seems to offer the same isolation/leakage as the original Ether C. Which is pretty average isolation for a closed headphone, but certainly good enough to use in an office without issue.

Agreed. I quite like the Ether Cs for the office. They isolate better than any closed headphones I've had before. They're obviously much less isolating than custom IEMs.

I'm glad Vlad is getting into high end headphones. While he doesn't yet know what he's talking about, I trust he will eventually.

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #2,235 of 5,796
Got a Schiit Mjolnir 2, a Gungnir Multibit and Ether Flows (open) arriving tomorrow! CAN'T WAIT!!! 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back