MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Oct 2, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #2,251 of 5,796
I happened to use the EtherC with the IPad Pro 12.9 the other day and seemed surprised. In the past, little variation could be found in SQ with the idevices in my house. I need to do more validation since have been traveling and preoccupied with that crappy thing called work,but request others try their Ether variants with the iPP and the latest iOS 10.0.x build

The difference was drastic between the iPad mini4 and the iPP. The iPP provided a bass heft and spaciousness that normally requires an out board DAC. I know the iPad airs are supposed to have a more powerful amp than the phones, not sure of the mini4s measurements but in past I never noticed this variation and question the results. Is this iPad mini defective or did the iPP get a boost with the latest update because it really sounds good with the EtherC now

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #2,252 of 5,796
Just listened to https://open.spotify.com/track/3rYTdFGNdE4rasctJsunwm with my Ether Flows... 
eek.gif
 Sounds epic!

Oct 2, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #2,253 of 5,796
Has anyone compared the Ether Flow to the HE1000 v2?

Oct 2, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #2,254 of 5,796
I have the ether c 1.1's and I am very happy with the performance of them. I am picking up my new wells audio milo tomorrow. I'll probably write a review after a few weeks of getting to know the sound.  

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #2,255 of 5,796
This might sound incredibly stupid but I'll ask anyway. Given that that thing with holes aids with the sound waves being more calm or whatever on the Ether Flow, would the Ethers benefit from having similar holes on the upgrade foams? I might be onto something or I might sound like the non-engineer that I am, probably the latter.

Oct 3, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #2,256 of 5,796
This might sound incredibly stupid but I'll ask anyway. Given that that thing with holes aids with the sound waves being more calm or whatever on the Ether Flow, would the Ethers benefit from having similar holes on the upgrade foams? I might be onto something or I might sound like the non-engineer that I am, probably the latter.

I wonder about exact same thing too.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #2,258 of 5,796
Well, I'll be damned. Ether Flows arriving Thursday. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #2,259 of 5,796
ether flows closed are stunningly good. Have had mine for about 50 hrs burn in, they are just so real-sounding. The whole frequency range is there when it is in the track, and its a very full and immersive experience. Especially with movies - that 'sub-bass' part you experience in a cinema...is surprisingly there with these cans. When i heard them at canjam London I was concerned abut a tad excessive bass, but i dont experience that as im spending more time with them. If anything, the treble can be a bit more present at times (especially at lower volumes), but it has also smoothed out since the 1st few hours of listening.  Coming from mostly ciems, this 'home setup' is such a joy, so layered, detailed, natural, i cant wait until i listen to them again tonight. Of course my ciems (a12's 64audio) are a dream also, but these cans are just ....wow!!

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #2,260 of 5,796
I will have Ether C Flow when they will upgrade me. Meanwhile I have open Ether Flows to keep me warm and musically satisfied.  First though I have to break in new Flows and Wywires Platinum cable for about 250 hours. 

Oct 5, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #2,261 of 5,796
Just listened to https://open.spotify.com/track/3rYTdFGNdE4rasctJsunwm with my Ether Flows... 
eek.gif
 Sounds epic!

I will be honest,I cannot understand why anybody would pay 1800.00 dollars for a pair of HD's and the additional expense of amp,dac etc to listen to lossy music via spotify?....seems like an incredible waste of money to me,all you do by buying such high end equipment is expose the MP3's as a poor source of music.Seems to me that if you are going to spend the money for the equipment ,an investment in Tidal would make a lot of sense !

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #2,263 of 5,796
  Just listened to https://open.spotify.com/track/3rYTdFGNdE4rasctJsunwm with my Ether Flows... 
eek.gif
 Sounds epic!

I will be honest,I cannot understand why anybody would pay 1800.00 dollars for a pair of HD's and the additional expense of amp,dac etc to listen to lossy music via spotify?....seems like an incredible waste of money to me,all you do by buying such high end equipment is expose the MP3's as a poor source of music.Seems to me that if you are going to spend the money for the equipment ,an investment in Tidal would make a lot of sense !

Firstly, it isn't MP3 it is Ogg Vorbis.

Second, the sound difference between different formats is highly debatable 320kb/s is already decent quality and in ABX testing I can't hear a difference between that and Flac. However, I can and do hear a difference between different headphone/dac/amp.

Finally, being a ****** doesn't help anyone so keep your assumptions away from me and this thread! I linked Spotify because it is easy and convenient to give people an idea of what music sound good with the headphones this thread is about. I have used Tidal but its catalogue is more restricted and as I said before I didn't really notice the difference between the two anyway. Sound is so subjective I don't know how you can think you can tell someone you have never even met what I should be hearing!

If you are going to quote me at least do it properly, I hope this information is helpful to you!

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #2,265 of 5,796

Users who are viewing this thread

Back