MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 26, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #2,193 of 5,796
Perhaps I was too much of a pads "truther" this morning. I attribute it to excessive coffee intake. Good to hear.

When I first bought a brand-new pair of Sennheiser Momentum M2's from Amazon, the foam pads came out of the carry case looking like crushed, shriveled prunes. I thought I had bought a fake.

After I hung up the headphones for a few hours, the foam pads fluffed out and looked normal again. Hopefully this happens for you.

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #2,194 of 5,796
When I first bought a brand-new pair of Sennheiser Momentum M2's from Amazon, the foam pads came out of the carry case looking like crushed, shriveled prunes. I thought I had bought a fake.

After I hung up the headphones for a few hours, the foam pads fluffed out and looked normal again. Hopefully this happens for you.

I need my Ether C Flows first. I need them, man.

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #2,195 of 5,796

At my age I am like that after a bath..

All fluffed out nice...

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #2,196 of 5,796
Just wanted to provide an update. I put a foam Audeze spacer as mrspeakers suggested in this thread. Looks like it helps a lot with the issue. If I could make a suggestion, it should probably ship with the spacer so the earpad doesn't crease. I'm sure some people are ok with it looking like that, or are reassured easily that it will be ok, but when I spend that kind of money, I don't want the earpad to look creased or flawed in anyway. Most people buying this headphone, I would think have had previous headphones with leather earpads that don't arrive this way. Just my two cents.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #2,197 of 5,796
Just wanted to provide an update. I put a foam Audeze spacer as mrspeakers suggested in this thread. Looks like it helps a lot with the issue. If I could make a suggestion, it should probably ship with the spacer so the earpad doesn't crease. I'm sure some people are ok with it looking like that, or are reassured easily that it will be ok, but when I spend that kind of money, I don't want the earpad to look creased or flawed in anyway. Most people buying this headphone, I would think have had previous headphones with leather earpads that don't arrive this way. Just my two cents.

Ahhh the spacer is a good idea, not sure how I missed this recommendation.. now where to get said spacer lol

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #2,198 of 5,796
Anything can be used as a spacer, the max dimensions are:

Width 40mm

Height 60mm

Length (pad to pad) 80mm

A trimmed piece of foam (or any non-scratching reasonably soft material) is all that's needed.  Alternately, use a good stand with flat pad rests, or if you want the cheapest option, grab an old book that's more than 2" thick makes a great free stand.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #2,200 of 5,796
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 26, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #2,202 of 5,796
I use the lighter colored version of that for mine

How does the color affect the SQ?

(Sorry, couldn't help myself!) :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back