MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 18, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #2,102 of 5,796
That thing is ugly as hell Idk something about it being vertical... Not doubting it's sound though.
Well just looked at jsq1 latest postings and they are spam postings across many threads about this amp.

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #2,103 of 5,796
Well just looked at jsq1 latest postings and they are spam postings across many threads about this amp.

Follow the money? <ducks/>

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #2,104 of 5,796
  I ordered on August 16 direct from the website. Hoping I will be in the next batch that gets built? Very excited about the reviews!

-CB

Me too. I ordered August 30 and am NOT waiting patiently. I already have an Ether C 1.1 and figure it will be December before it gets upgraded. I originally thought I would get a Senn 800S for my open cans, but changed my mind based on Ether comfort and new Flow open performance. I even have my new Wywires Platinum cable waiting to break them both in together.....wine, ....wine ...etc

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #2,108 of 5,796
God no first 40.. ...I wish I was... I am the other 700 waiting for Dan's blessing to start shipping. I managed to secure funding via my financial controller's good will (the wife) for the upgrade... We may have to wait longer as the flow seems a hit... That's a good thing long term for Dan and co..

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #2,109 of 5,796
So I have a Ether C Flow on order with a 10' DUM cable with 1/4" termination.  My amp is currently the modest Creative X7 due to my frequency of gaming at the moment.  However, I'm considering changing my order to a balanced 4-pin XLR DUM cable and simply converting it to a single-ended 1/4" jack with an adapter.

Given the fact that the Ethers are supposed to scale very well, and given the fact that the X7 amp isn't quite the best thing out there, would it be wise to order with the balanced cable so that I could potentially use it on an balanced headphone amp in the future?  It would certainly seem to potentially save me the cost of a new cable, but I'm not in a position to buy a new amp now and I am generally happy with the X7's performance.

For whatever it is worth, I was considering this (https://www.amazon.com/6-35mm-Female-Balanced-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B00KQRN306/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1474472898&sr=1-1&keywords=4-pin+XLR+feMale+to+6.35+Male#customerReviews) as the adapter.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #2,110 of 5,796
  So I have a Ether C Flow on order with a 10' DUM cable with 1/4" termination.  My amp is currently the modest Creative X7 due to my frequency of gaming at the moment.  However, I'm considering changing my order to a balanced 4-pin XLR DUM cable and simply converting it to a single-ended 1/4" jack with an adapter.

Given the fact that the Ethers are supposed to scale very well, and given the fact that the X7 amp isn't quite the best thing out there, would it be wise to order with the balanced cable so that I could potentially use it on an balanced headphone amp in the future?  It would certainly seem to potentially save me the cost of a new cable, but I'm not in a position to buy a new amp now and I am generally happy with the X7's performance.

For whatever it is worth, I was considering this (https://www.amazon.com/6-35mm-Female-Balanced-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B00KQRN306/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1474472898&sr=1-1&keywords=4-pin+XLR+feMale+to+6.35+Male#customerReviews) as the adapter.

I would switch to the XLR termination. That way your prepared for when you do get a balanced amp, even if it is down the road. That is the exact same adapter I use with my XLR DUM cable.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #2,111 of 5,796

I would switch to the XLR termination. That way your prepared for when you do get a balanced amp, even if it is down the road. That is the exact same adapter I use with my XLR DUM cable.

+1

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #2,112 of 5,796

Concur!

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #2,113 of 5,796

Or you make the adapter yourself by cutting the DUM cable you already ordered and soldering a neutrik 4 pin male and female in between. That's what I did because I wanted to change to XLR after I already received my Ehter. Very easy thing to do.

Scanspeakman

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #2,114 of 5,796

Or you make the adapter yourself by cutting the DUM cable you already ordered and soldering a neutrik 4 pin male and female in between. That's what I did because I wanted to change to XLR after I already received my Ehter. Very easy thing to do.

Scanspeakman

I noticed your earlier post, but I don't have those soldering skills.

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #2,115 of 5,796

Me too. I ordered August 30 and am NOT waiting patiently. I already have an Ether C 1.1 and figure it will be December before it gets upgraded. I originally thought I would get a Senn 800S for my open cans, but changed my mind based on Ether comfort and new Flow open performance. I even have my new Wywires Platinum cable waiting to break them both in together.....wine, ....wine ...etc

I ordered mine in late July and it arrived about two weeks ago, so take that with a grain of salt.  

FWIW this headphone lives up to the hype for me.  I didn't have any open back planar magnetics so this fills my home headphone needs very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back