MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #2,071 of 5,796
First you need to get your hands on these :tongue_smile: , but understood from majority of head-fiers and Peter from MrSpeakers that they work well with something like Mojo but scale tremendously well with high-end components for .e.g. Auralic, Mjolnir and Gungnir or Woo's

Hmm
"something like Mojo"... 'high end e.g. Mjolnir and Gungnir'
Some Mojo owners, me included, might say you are full of [Mod Edit: *COUGH*] :D

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #2,072 of 5,796
Hmm
Some Mojo owners, me included, might say you are full of [Mod Edit: *COUGH*]
biggrin.gif

Exactly! I'd consider Mojo a piece of gear that definitely punches above its weight and is in the realm of "high end" (at least as a DAC). I've paired the $599 Mojo with a $4K Liquid Gold and it was awesome with the Ether C's! Cheers

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,075 of 5,796
  Exactly! I'd consider Mojo a piece of gear that definitely punches above its weight and is in the realm of "high end" (at least as a DAC). I've paired the $599 Mojo with a $4K Liquid Gold and it was awesome with the Ether C's! Cheers

Yes the Mojo is a good pairing with Ether C, however it's soundstage depth and width and bass amount could be better. But then again the Mojo is portable... I've heard good things about the Violectric V200 here taming the highs and having a nice smooth sound signature (also the specs are crazy good!). Might get one to pair with the Mojo. 
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,076 of 5,796
I'm also very excited to read Tyll's review, hoping it won't be too long now!  A side note, has anyone heard the Jotunheim with either the Ether C or Ether C Flow?  I'm just running the C's out of my 2010 macbook now but I'm looking for a solid amp to power them.  They'll mostly be used on my desktop, but I'm still keeping the Mojo in mind!

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #2,077 of 5,796
I'm also very excited to read Tyll's review, hoping it won't be too long now!  A side note, has anyone heard the Jotunheim with either the Ether C or Ether C Flow?  I'm just running the C's out of my 2010 macbook now but I'm looking for a solid amp to power them.  They'll mostly be used on my desktop, but I'm still keeping the Mojo in mind!
Yea you need a amp for those they don't sound horrible out of the MacBook Pro 2010 but you can do much better for sure. They sound great out of my Liquid Carbon and QP1R .

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #2,078 of 5,796
How easy is Ether Flow C to drive?

I have the open Ether Flow and am driving them very well with my mobile rig:  AK240 + Oppo HA-2.  The sound is sublime.  Not sure if a phone will drive them, as I don't use my phone as a music source.

Hope this helps -
RCB

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #2,079 of 5,796
I have a mojo. It pairs very well with the Ether C. I'd give it a "very nice" and "punches above its weight" for sure. I *might* give it TOTL for portable gear. I think I'd stop there though. That's pretty high praise from me though. If I didn't like it as I do, it would be long gone....

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #2,080 of 5,796

I needed to mail my ether c's to Mister speakers by the 16th for the the flow update, but didn't want to give them up, so delivered them by hand this afternoon. Just got home and dug out the Sennheiser 600's which I haven't heard for a very, very, long time. Oh my,oh my, oh my........ it's going to be a long stressful wait till I get the C's back.  Maybe a few Zanex will help!

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #2,081 of 5,796

I needed to mail my ether c's to Mister speakers by the 16th for the the flow update, but didn't want to give them up, so delivered them by hand this afternoon. Just got home and dug out the Sennheiser 600's which I haven't heard for a very, very, long time. Oh my,oh my, oh my........ it's going to be a long stressful wait till I get the C's back.  Maybe a few Zanex will help!

LOL, that's some serious addiction right there.

Mine is being upgraded too, I have been of Ether for like 2 weeks now, haha

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #2,082 of 5,796
Most distributor orders will be filled writhin the next two weeks. We had a batch of carbon cups we rejected so we've been shipping more open than closed but parts are in and the closed shipments have resumed.

I just put in an order for a Closed Flow through the Source AV! I'll just use the time and research a proper amp, and dac combo for it. 

Sep 17, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #2,083 of 5,796

Just got a Jotunheim to replace an Asgard 2 in a microRendu>Bifrost Multibit>amp>Ether C Flow system. Loving the upgrade: better bass definition, cleaner high frequencies (cymbals!), better control of loud piano notes, better spacial separation, especially with loudness contrasts (loud piano, gentle brushes). Some of this might be balanced vs single-ended (although the DAC is still SE), but the whole performance is cleaner, more balanced across different frequencies and amplitudes. A great match for the C Flows, I can already hear even after less than one hour of listening.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #2,084 of 5,796
Most distributor orders will be filled writhin the next two weeks. We had a batch of carbon cups we rejected so we've been shipping more open than closed but parts are in and the closed shipments have resumed.

Thanks for the update and fully understand the delay, can you please send few Ether Flow C to your Benelux distributor Sonority, they don't have anything and it is bit embarrassing to say the least that key distributor for Germany Netherlands and Belgium is rolling his thumbs in their shop:D . Cheers

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #2,085 of 5,796
Hmm
Some Mojo owners, me included, might say you are full of [Mod Edit: *COUGH*] :D

Hehe should have written shiit without the brackets :D
No hard feelings intended...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back