MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 13, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #2,056 of 5,796
Appreciate if someone had listen to the new HEK V2 and compare to eflow. Is the additional $1200 worth it?

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #2,057 of 5,796
Ether C Flow jazz recommendation of the evening: if you enjoy jazz, do yourself a big favor and listen to Joshua Redman's "Trios Live" on your Ether C Flows with a decent DAC and amp. This is amazing, so immediate, real, the horn's edgy tone, the leading edges of the drum beats, the deep double bass. I listen to a lot of live jazz, and this is as good as it gets away from the front seats. Listening to a FLAC rip of the original CD, also available in 88/24 from HDtracks, and in unspecified res FLAC from Nonesuch (the original label, why can't they give the resolution info for their FLAC downloads?)

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #2,058 of 5,796
Went down to my local dealer fro audition using: yggy dac+Golden Questyle dual mono amps. Big on musicality!!!

Next stop: Hifiman HEK V2

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #2,060 of 5,796
Just got my Ether C 1.1s a couple of hours ago, I love what I'm hearing!  Imaging and soundstage are both excellent, and I'm hearing a ton of detail I didn't hear in songs before.  I can see how the treble can be a tiny bit "hot" on certain tracks (I'm coming from the Alpha Dogs with 2 dots per driver which is noticeably darker), but I'm sure I'll adjust to the new SQ over time.  Some C Flow vs C 1.1 comparisons I've seen so far indicate that the soundstage and image further improve, as well as the SQ becoming more balanced overall, which makes me think I'll eventually need to upgrade.  Looking forward to reading more comparisons!

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #2,061 of 5,796
We just got a shipment of Ether Flow (open) in stock, so get one while you can: http://www.headamp.com/order/mrspeakers-ether-flow/

Quote:
Appreciate if someone had listen to the new HEK V2 and compare to eflow. Is the additional $1200 worth it?

Hopefully I will be making just this comparison in the coming weeks.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Sep 15, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #2,062 of 5,796
Hopefully I will be making just this comparison in the coming weeks.

Im wary about the new polyester pad on V2. It tense to get warm easily.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #2,063 of 5,796
  Not familiar with the Platinum.  Could you tell me what the flexibility is like with this cable?  Thanks!

The flexibility is improved over Alex's first design.  Much less stiff, and seems to be breaking in faster.  I had ~150 hours on my first Platinum cable for LCD-X before it really opened up.  The new Platinum cables (for LCD-X and Ether Flow) seem to be breaking in more quickly.  I am still not there, continue looking for that optimum SQ that am sure awaits me...

Cheers,
RCB

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #2,064 of 5,796
  We won't be starting on the upgrades for another week or two. We are still waiting on people to ship them to us so we can start on them all at the same time. 

Peter - Understand the first batch of Flow upgrades will be happening soon. Great to see progress! Any updates on the rest of the program for those of us not lucky enough to be in the first group of 40? I know many of us are anxious to learn more, especially those of us in the "bought right before the announcement" category. Cheers

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #2,065 of 5,796
I signed up for the upgrades, but have heard nothing from Mrspeakers since. 

I assume I didn't make it into the lucky 40, which is fine, but I haven't been following this thread and an email to that effect would have been nice...

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #2,066 of 5,796
Anyone from MrSpeakers know what is the reason for unavailability of Ether Flow (both open and Closed) in Europe, the official dealer here MrSpeakers Sonority is stating they have not been delivered any and waiting for it for sometime.

I understood that these were anounced for shipment in June and strangely nothing being delvered in Benelux, I also see message from Peter that only 40 will upgraded and it will take months before all requests are fulfilled. But on the other hand even brand new are also not available

What is the reason for production delay aren't these automated process or made from hand ? how many are made in a month and which region these are delivered?

If I dont see these in few weeks time I will be forced to get the Elears or may be Utopia as I have sold all my HP to fund Flow 
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #2,067 of 5,796
Anyone from MrSpeakers know what is the reason for unavailability of Ether Flow (both open and Closed) in Europe, the official dealer here MrSpeakers Sonority is stating they have not been delivered any and waiting for it for sometime.

I understood that these were anounced for shipment in June and strangely nothing being delvered in Benelux, I also see message from Peter that only 40 will upgraded and it will take months before all requests are fulfilled. But on the other hand even brand new are also not available

What is the reason for production delay aren't these automated process or made from hand ? how many are made in a month and which region these are delivered?

If I dont see these in few weeks time I will be forced to get the Elears or may be Utopia as I have sold all my HP to fund Flow :D  

How easy is Ether Flow C to drive?

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #2,068 of 5,796
First you need to get your hands on these 
tongue_smile.gif
, but understood from majority of head-fiers and Peter from MrSpeakers that they work well with something like Mojo but scale tremendously well with high-end components for .e.g. Auralic, Mjolnir and Gungnir or Woo's

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2,069 of 5,796
  First you need to get your hands on these 
tongue_smile.gif
, but understood from majority of head-fiers and Peter from MrSpeakers that they work well with something like Mojo but scale tremendously well with high-end components for .e.g. Auralic, Mjolnir and Gungnir or Woo's

Liquid Glass.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #2,070 of 5,796
Most distributor orders will be filled writhin the next two weeks. We had a batch of carbon cups we rejected so we've been shipping more open than closed but parts are in and the closed shipments have resumed.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back