MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 12, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #2,041 of 5,796
I visited Audio Perfection in MN yesterday and they mentioned both Flow models would be in stock in 2-3 weeks. I bought a used Ether C 1.1 in the meantime (to upgrade to C Flow at a later date), so I'm looking forward to more C Flow impression when they come in stock
smily_headphones1.gif

Great plan! How are you liking the 1.1s so far?

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #2,042 of 5,796
Originally Posted by BrutalLegend /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there any other notable difference between the two?

Edit: I ask as there is no possible way for me to demo the two and compare them.

Where are you, BrutalLegend? Would help you out with that (in another week or so, fingers crossed) if you're near NYC.  Dan's got other fine dealers around the world, too.

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #2,043 of 5,796

They're actually arriving later this week, so the wait is killing me!  From what I heard when I auditioned at Audio Perfection, they sounded amazing.  Much more open, detailed, and airy than my Alpha Dogs.  I'm hoping my eventual upgrade to the Flow C will further improve things!

Sep 12, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #2,044 of 5,796

They're actually arriving later this week, so the wait is killing me!  From what I heard when I auditioned at Audio Perfection, they sounded amazing.  Much more open, detailed, and airy than my Alpha Dogs.  I'm hoping my eventual upgrade to the Flow C will further improve things!

Let us know when you get them.
Also noticed they dropped the price by £5 :thumbsup:

Sep 12, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #2,045 of 5,796
  Ordered my Ether Flows this morning without DUM cable. saved a few dollars. Also ordered Wywires Platinum headphone cable for my Ethers today and am sending Alex my Red balanced cable to convert to single ended cause Platinum will be balanced. Having both Ethers for your prime headphones his cheaper since you only need one set of cables. Might just leave Ether-C 1.1 as is. Sounded heavenly last night listening to Patricia Barber.

I'd really like to hear your impressions of the Platinum cable.  Thanks!

Sep 12, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #2,046 of 5,796
I have only about 20 hours on the Ether Flow so far, still breaking in the HP's with the Wywires Platinum cable.  I am already very impressed with the vocals and details in the upper midrange.  One of my favorite tracks is 3 Doors Down "Landing in London."  The clarity in the upper mids is very nice.  Looking forward to more head-time with these cans.

Cheers,
RCB

Sep 12, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #2,048 of 5,796
But is your dac balance too? Can i use mimby dac connected to jodie and use balance out from jodie?

You can use a single ended source connected to RCA inputs and listed to balanced (or SE) headphones with the Jodie.

Sep 12, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #2,049 of 5,796
  I have only about 20 hours on the Ether Flow so far, still breaking in the HP's with the Wywires Platinum cable.  I am already very impressed with the vocals and details in the upper midrange.  One of my favorite tracks is 3 Doors Down "Landing in London."  The clarity in the upper mids is very nice.  Looking forward to more head-time with these cans.

Cheers,
RCB

Not familiar with the Platinum.  Could you tell me what the flexibility is like with this cable?  Thanks!

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #2,050 of 5,796
Not familiar with the Platinum.  Could you tell me what the flexibility is like with this cable?  Thanks!

It is significantly different from the Red in construction and flexibility. I have a 15 foot Red that is light and flexible. My Platinum is 8 foot (longest possible at the time). The diameter 3 to 4 times the Red, which limits it somewhat but it really is not an issue. It is just much more natural and enveloping in its sonic presentation.

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #2,051 of 5,796
You can use a single ended source connected to RCA inputs and listed to balanced (or SE) headphones with the Jodie.

Ok thanks, are the headphones connectors proprietor type? Can it be purchased outside with better quality?

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #2,052 of 5,796
Ok thanks, are the headphones connectors proprietor type? Can it be purchased outside with better quality?

Sure, there are a lot of companies that make aftermarket cables for the Mr. Speakers headphones. I'm partial to Norne Audio cables but there are a lot of options. I believe some others are mentioned earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back