MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 30, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #1,861 of 5,796
  If you're getting real antsy just message them to have them forego commercial packaging. I ordered last Wednesday, shipped Thursday in generic packaging and I'm listening to them now as they've just landed with express shipping.

OK you won the race!  Let us know how they sound with the GMB and BHA-1 - thanks.

Cheers,
RCB

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #1,862 of 5,796

OK you won the race!  Let us know how they sound with the GMB and BHA-1 - thanks.

Cheers,
RCB

Will do! Only about half an hour in and so far so good. The Flows are to my ears a lot more forward than the HD800 is. I'm definitely very impressed with the way guitars come through on the Flows

I also have a Taurua Mkii scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I can try it on a different amp and hear what changes as I don't have access to any other balanced amps atm.

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #1,864 of 5,796
Ordered July 21, shipment notification just went out. ETA Thursday :)

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #1,865 of 5,796
Ordered July 21, shipment notification just went out. ETA Thursday :)

What the?! I ordered mine July 20th. Peter, what's up?

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #1,866 of 5,796
So if or when upgrade registrants fail to pay for the upgrade, is there a list of formerly randomly picked individuals lined up that are sent notices? Or is that being deferred?

If the former, will there be notice of that here? Or it just happens...

I ask as I check forums about 100x more often than personal e-mail. :wink:

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #1,869 of 5,796
You should've gotten your shipping notification as well. 

Arg, apologies for the 10yr old excitement. Actually got my notice after I posted. Woo Hoo! Let the good times Flow :wink_face:

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #1,870 of 5,796
What! I totally would have done this as I already have a DUM cable from my Ether C purchase a couple months back but this wasn't an option when I ordered my Flows. @MrSpeakersPeter can I send my unused DUM cable back?

It isn't really an option but this customer contacted us before his purchase. I'll talk to Dan when he gets back from vacation to see if we can change the store so you don't have to buy a cable when you purchase a headphone.

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #1,872 of 5,796
Sounds like a good plan, I'm sure future repeat buyers will appreciate the flexibility.

It is also good for first time Ether buyers that prefer going with an aftermarket cable.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #1,875 of 5,796
  The unit at the Chicago show did have a problem. One of our assemblers accidentally used a 1 micron dampening material in place of a 5 micron one. It didn't show up on sweep tests but the difference could be heard by those with very trained ears. 

Any other things you are finding out that's going through QA?
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back