MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 26, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #1,711 of 5,796
Just remain calm and patient. This isn't the time to resort to threats of violence or blackmail...Trying to photoshop Mr speakers Peters head on the Gimp scene from Pulp fiction....
Yer explain that to Dan @ rocky Mountain Audio fest...

Now just wait for the Upgrade Email...

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #1,719 of 5,796
Are they confirmed to be different than the Ether C pads? To me they look the same and in fact when I had an issue with the pads on my Ether Flows Peter sent me a new pair and the packing slip said they were Ether C pads. So, unclear to me.

They're made out of a thicker leather than the Ether pads and Dan said that they aren't "stuffing" the Flow pads. My guess is that the packing slip listed Ether C pads because their inventory system may not have the Flow pads loaded yet, but of course that's just a guess.

So MrSpeakers,

Do the Flows have different pads than the Ethers? If so, will they be available for purchase for those of us that like to have spares on hand?

Dan answered that here.

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #1,720 of 5,796
Is Mrspeakers still offering the special discount for people who ordered within close proximity to the announcement date?

This. I was pretty bummed that I only received my Ether Cs a few weeks before the Flow announcement but the upgrade option and special pricing certainly made up for it. Hopefully it's still going to be an option in the end.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #1,721 of 5,796
I'm a loser in this game.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #1,722 of 5,796
They're made out of a thicker leather than the Ether pads and Dan said that they aren't "stuffing" the Flow pads. My guess is that the packing slip listed Ether C pads because their inventory system may not have the Flow pads loaded yet, but of course that's just a guess.

Dan answered that here.

The new Flow pads are definitely different than the original Ether but are they the same or different than the Ether C 1.1 pads?

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #1,724 of 5,796
The new Flow pads are definitely different than the original Ether but are they the same or different than the Ether C 1.1 pads?

I have both the flat and angled pads here and they feel similar with the angled (C pads) being ever so slightly smoother, most likely only due to them being made at different times. I don't feel any thickness differences between them so to me it seems that the C 1.1 pads are not the same as the Flow pads.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,725 of 5,796
I have both the flat and angled pads here and they feel similar with the angled (C pads) being ever so slightly smoother, most likely only due to them being made at different times. I don't feel any thickness differences between them so to me it seems that the C 1.1 pads are not the same as the Flow pads.

Hmm I'll have to email Peter and make sure I don't have the wrong pads on my Ether Flows then. To me they seem pretty much identical to my Ether C pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back