MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 27, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #1,741 of 5,796
*chirp chirp*

I think this is the quietest this thread has been since it started! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #1,742 of 5,796
  *chirp chirp*

I think this is the quietest this thread has been since it started! 
biggrin.gif

I'm just waiting for those words: "your order has shipped". 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #1,744 of 5,796
Did we ever get confirmation on whether MrSpeakers ever received the new packaging?

No word that I'm aware of.  All's quiet on the western front.

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #1,746 of 5,796
Did we ever get confirmation on whether MrSpeakers ever received the new packaging?

Box guys have been slow, we are hoping to receive tomorrow.  

Notices to the first 40 upgrades will go out tomorrow, as well.

That was on Thursday. I'm glad I opted to forego the retail packaging.

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,748 of 5,796
At the risk of feeding the hype machine, I dare say, I think I may have finally found my elusive unicorn. Right out of the box, with no burn-in, the open Flows sent my LCD-3Fs away to cower in a corner. More clarity, much more pleasing bass, in a much lighter/comfortable package. Ear to ear smile right now. :D

I'll second that opinion, the Ether Flow has taken many of the good qualities of the HD800 and the LCD-3f and put them into one headphone.I didn't spend a lot of time with the HE1000, but from what I remember, it could be part of this little love triangle as well. Perhaps why Tyl dropped the 800S and HE1000 from the WOF.

Speaking of Tyl, I was going through a box of old audio equipment and found an old Headroom Airhead amp. In perfect shape, the damn thing still works, with its pair of AAA batteries, it actually looks like a repurposed garage door opener! Remember when I thought it didn't get any better than my Grado SR80 and this amp :wink:.

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #1,749 of 5,796
  Yeah, and I just pulled the trigger on the Jotunheim with DAC card to go with the Flow (as in my new Flow C). 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Did you make it to the Schiit show?? If so how did it pair with the Flows?  I am personally considering the Jotunheim for work, or maybe home depending on if it sounds better than my bifrost / lyr2 stack (I am thinking equal are slightly not-better)... 

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #1,750 of 5,796
  Did you make it to the Schiit show?? If so how did it pair with the Flows?  I am personally considering the Jotunheim for work, or maybe home depending on if it sounds better than my bifrost / lyr2 stack (I am thinking equal are slightly not-better)... 

I couldn't make it due to health issues this morning (I was supposed to go).  I saw Jude's preview and checked it out on the Schiit Site (for all of 30 seconds before I ordered).  I needed something balanced (DAC and Amp) and small until I could settle down.  This just sounded like the perfect holdover until bigger/better stuff arrives.  Plus, I can always re-purpose it later to do other things I might need...or just give it to the children.

Schiit has been a good choice for me in the past...I'll take this one on faith (and the fact that a couple of people have already said it sounds really good with the Flows).

Cheers
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,751 of 5,796
  I couldn't make it due to health issues this morning (I was supposed to go).  I saw Jude's preview and checked it out on the Schiit Site (for all of 30 seconds before I ordered).  I needed something balanced (DAC and Amp) and small until I could settle down.  This just sounded like the perfect holdover until bigger/better stuff arrives.  Plus, I can always re-purpose it later to do other things I might need...or just give it to the children.

Schiit has been a good choice for me in the past...I'll take this one on faith (and the fact that a couple of people have already said it sounds really good with the Flows).

Cheers
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

well I have time :p probably not going to buy anything for a few months.. This just went to the top of my list though.. It's between this, Mimbi / MagniU and Mojo...

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,752 of 5,796

well I have time :p probably not going to buy anything for a few months.. This just went to the top of my list though.. It's between this, Mimbi / MagniU and Mojo...

They're already for sale (10:12 PDT this morning) so hopefully the initial impressions will start coming in by mid-to-late next week (Holiday? What Holiday?  I've got equipment to break-in!
wink_face.gif
).  So if you have time to wait, let all the hoopla settle down and wait for some real impressions.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,753 of 5,796
  They're already for sale (10:12 PDT this morning) so hopefully the initial impressions will start coming in by mid-to-late next week (Holiday? What Holiday?  I've got equipment to break-in!
wink_face.gif
).  So if you have time to wait, let all the hoopla settle down and wait for some real impressions.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Yeah an impression with the Flows will be nice.. I will be happy to wait lol

Aug 27, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,754 of 5,796
  Yeah, and I just pulled the trigger on the Jotunheim with DAC card to go with the Flow (as in my new Flow C). 
biggrin.gif

Early this year I was looking for a small(ish) balanced solid-state headphone amp for the Ether Cs I was planning to get. I went for the 2nd and last edition of the Liquid Carbon, which is taking its sweet time to arrive (talking late September now). As I waited, the C Flows appeared, so I got them, playing very well single-ended on my current Asgard 2. Now the Jotunheim shows up... Maybe what I should do is get one, compare with the Liquid Carbon when it shows up, and sell the one I like less. One thing I'm unsure about, though. A main reason I ordered the LC is that it splits SE input from the DAC (in my case, a Bimby) into balanced amp/output. Does the Jotunheim do that? Schiit's documentation online is not clear on that. Choices, choices...

Aug 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,755 of 5,796
  Early this year I was looking for a small(ish) balanced solid-state headphone amp for the Ether Cs I was planning to get. I went for the 2nd and last edition of the Liquid Carbon, which is taking its sweet time to arrive (talking late September now). As I waited, the C Flows appeared, so I got them, playing very well single-ended on my current Asgard 2. Now the Jotunheim shows up... Maybe what I should do is get one, compare with the Liquid Carbon when it shows up, and sell the one I like less. One thing I'm unsure about, though. A main reason I ordered the LC is that it splits SE input from the DAC (in my case, a Bimby) into balanced amp/output. Does the Jotunheim do that? Schiit's documentation online is not clear on that. Choices, choices...

I don't have a good answer for you.  It's really up to you and your wallet.  I'm not sure about the technical details of the SE and Balanced outputs.  I know the add-in DAC card is balanced, but that's all.  I was wondering if SE input would play out of the balanced jack myself, but I am thinking it would take more hardware to do that, wouldn't it..?
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back