MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jul 19, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #361 of 5,796

Well, I was considering these but the price in the UK if that link is correct is seriously messed up... $1,799 is $2158.80 if you add on 20% for UK VAT, then using current exchange rates that is £1649.95. I know the pound isn't very strong at the moment but even so...

*Edit: Just noticed as well that it is saying the price for the standard Ether with the DUM cable is going up from £1,350 (what Electromod currently have it listed at) to £1,575 but for the USA the price is going down??? 

Agree. Was very seriously considering the C Flow as i love my open Ether, but this conversion doesn't feel right.

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #362 of 5,796
That's brexit for you. At the rate it's going I will have to dress up as a Maid and clean his house for 10 years.

No leemon Pledge Mr Dan...

Mark was good and sent me the 1.1 foams free. He is the main distribution for the UK, hopefully Dan will release the cost for the upgrade at Canjam. ..
If he doesn't he will feel like a dad with 3 year old twins asking the same question every 30 seconds...

I can't wait....

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #363 of 5,796
That's brexit for you. At the rate it's going I will have to dress up as a Maid and clean his house for 10 years.

No leemon Pledge Mr Dan...

Mark was good and sent me the 1.1 foams free. He is the main distribution for the UK, hopefully Dan will release the cost for the upgrade at Canjam. ..
If he doesn't he will feel like a dad with 3 year old twins asking the same question every 30 seconds...

I can't wait....

That reason is rubbish though because the only thing that would effect Mrspeaker due to Brexit is the exchange rate change and the exchange rate was factored in to my calculations... There has been a load of companies (mostly technology companies) that have increased pricing in the UK "due to Brexit" already! Considering at best we won't be leaving the EU for another 2 years (will be way longer than that) it sounds just like an excuse to me!

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #364 of 5,796

Well, I was considering these but the price in the UK if that link is correct is seriously messed up... $1,799 is $2158.80 if you add on 20% for UK VAT, then using current exchange rates that is £1649.95. I know the pound isn't very strong at the moment but even so...

*Edit: Just noticed as well that it is saying the price for the standard Ether with the DUM cable is going up from £1,350 (what Electromod currently have it listed at) to £1,575 but for the USA the price is going down??? 

Well I don't think you have considered the shipping price from US yet, which might be horrid depending on your choice, plus the service charge for paying VAT upfront from FedEx and other companies. That drives the bills up. For what its worth, Marks price, if you want to avoid the whole custom fiasco is quite alright. Speak to Mark from Electromod. Great guy.

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #365 of 5,796
Well I don't think you have considered the shipping price from US yet, which might be horrid depending on your choice, plus the service charge for paying VAT upfront from FedEx and other companies. That drives the bills up. For what its worth, Marks price, if you want to avoid the whole custom fiasco is quite alright. Speak to Mark from Electromod. Great guy.

Shipping using a reasonable speed service and the charges from FedEx for brokerage is not enough to make up a £100 per item difference! Also that doesn't explain why the cost of the original Ether with the DUM cable is going up in price by £225 when it is going down in price in the USA!!!

I have delt with Mark a few times when purchasing Schiit gear and he is very helpful but that isn't really relevant to the current discussion.

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #366 of 5,796
Ah I just mentioned the fact the pounds crashed when we need to buy from our US friends.
I ordered the Maids outfit but I want every third Sunday off and free Leemon Pledge... Mr Dan.. Mr Dan he no here...

Marks great should give him a bell when Dan decides on the specifics.

Edit just in case people think I have gone more insane..leemon Pledge. ..

https://youtu.be/-AuAyKwCziY

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #367 of 5,796
Shipping using a reasonable speed service and the charges from FedEx for brokerage is not enough to make up a £100 per item difference! Also that doesn't explain why the cost of the original Ether with the DUM cable is going up in price by £225 when it is going down in price in the USA!!!

I have delt with Mark a few times when purchasing Schiit gear and he is very helpful but that isn't really relevant to the current discussion.

So based on the shipping charges provided on Mr.Speakers, cheapest shipping is about $70, and the FedEx fee should be 2.5% if I'm not mistaken of the total bill. which should be around $50, that is about 90 quid if I'm not mistaken.

Now that does not involve the cost of any potential warranty worries, and any shipping including the first shipping. I'm not saying that any of your buys will break down, because Dan make really good products, but it helps to have that thought in mind. Also, and I'm not 100% sure of this, Mark may be able to help with further upgrade programs or what not, like he did with the tuning pads for his customers.

That said, I do not work for Mark, so I have no idea how he breaks down his cost and price. That is why I suggest you talk directly to him to get a better picture. Not even Dan could help you with this I'm afraid. Or maybe he can.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #369 of 5,796
  P.S. I will not be able to answer all questions and posts right now, so apologies in advance.  I am paying attention to questions around no-cable purchases for prior owners, and of course upgrade policy and will address these as I can.

Thanks Dan. Is there a plan to make a general announcement for upgrades for recent purchases or will there be direct communication. I am anxious to get a pair and see the first run is over half sold!!! Don't want to miss out. 
beyersmile.png

I realize you may not answer immediately but when you can....would appreciate it.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #370 of 5,796
So based on the shipping charges provided on Mr.Speakers, cheapest shipping is about $70, and the FedEx fee should be 2.5% if I'm not mistaken of the total bill. which should be around $50, that is about 90 quid if I'm not mistaken.

Now that does not involve the cost of any potential warranty worries, and any shipping including the first shipping. I'm not saying that any of your buys will break down, because Dan make really good products, but it helps to have that thought in mind. Also, and I'm not 100% sure of this, Mark may be able to help with further upgrade programs or what not, like he did with the tuning pads for his customers.

That said, I do not work for Mark, so I have no idea how he breaks down his cost and price. That is why I suggest you talk directly to him to get a better picture. Not even Dan could help you with this I'm afraid. Or maybe he can.

I can see where you are coming from but don't forget you are looking at individual item shipping, you get discounts for shipping bulk quantities. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this issue but it makes me think much harder before considering any purchase. Regardless though it still doesn't explain why the price of the original Ether is going up in price by £225, any ideas on this?

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #371 of 5,796
I can see where you are coming from but don't forget you are looking at individual item shipping, you get discounts for shipping bulk quantities. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this issue but it makes me think much harder before considering any purchase. Regardless though it still doesn't explain why the price of the original Ether is going up in price by £225, any ideas on this?

Fair. I do not question that.

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #372 of 5,796
  Our first production run is half sold.  Thanks for the epic support everyone!  

As one who went with the Flow: any update of when they'll start shipping?

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #373 of 5,796
As one who went with the Flow: any update of when they'll start shipping?

Their website currently says this:

"STATUS: The first lot of headphones will ship begin shipping on or before August 15 and be complete by September. We expect this lot to sell out very quickly, at which point we will start a wait list."

Jul 20, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #374 of 5,796

Congratulations Mrspeakers.
With all due respect, IMHO, it is not informative at all since except yourself knows how many items are part of this first batch.
wink_face.gif

Obviously this figure/value has not to disclosed.
It reminds me politicians giving percentage/stats.
Sorry & please keep improving SQ of your great headphones.
Rgds.  

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #375 of 5,796

Well, half sold minus one... I just placed my order for the ETHER Flow open. :D

Thanks MattTCG, purk, ejong7, and Stillhart for your impressions. :)

I really wanted to grab the Focal Utopia, but they aren't available in Canada until December so I figured I might as well go with the Flow (see what I did there). I'll be upgrading my ETHER C 1.1 when Dan announces the details. Double whammy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back