MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Feb 5, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #5,703 of 5,796
No, death is not the thread. Only there is little going on here.

And not everyone can be everywhere.
I posted my question 5 days ago, he replied to the other person the same day 3 days after my question. I understand no word whatsoever, but I response to one product but not the other is a response in its own way.

Feb 5, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #5,704 of 5,796
It's not like he answers all the questions here. That is a highly praiseworthy addition from him that he looks in here from time to time and answers the people here. This is a voluntary additional service, but not a must. One should think of it.

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #5,706 of 5,796
Is it just temporary or did the Ether Flow open get discontinued? @mrspeakers
It's been some time since I've seen the Ether Flow offered for sale on Dan Clark's official website (~2 months, or so?).

In any case, the Ether Flow and its closed-back sibling are getting a little long in the tooth; I won't be surprised if a new Ether shows up this year.

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #5,707 of 5,796
It's been some time since I've seen the Ether Flow offered for sale on Dan Clark's official website (~2 months, or so?).

In any case, the Ether Flow and its closed-back sibling are getting a little long in the tooth; I won't be surprised if a new Ether shows up this year.
I agree... I think it is safe to say the Flow has gone the way of the dinosaur. I loved mine, but hopefully there is a worthwhile update coming!

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #5,708 of 5,796
Yes it's quiet here, but for me this is ok and kind of a good sign. My ether flow is working fine and gives me great hours time after time again. No problems here, I love the sound delivered. And I'm not waiting for an ether 3, 4, or anything. My headphone will stay with me for some time to come
(The next headphone I'm buying is lossless wireless, and the least 5 years from now)
Ether delivers

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #5,709 of 5,796
I agree... I think it is safe to say the Flow has gone the way of the dinosaur. I loved mine, but hopefully there is a worthwhile update coming!
Dan said awhile back that he intended ETHER 2 to be the TOTL for open, and the ETHER Flow Closed to be the TOTL for that format, and had no plans to produce a closed version of the ETHER 2.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #5,710 of 5,796
I'm still extremely impressed and happy with the Ether C flow 1.1. No urge to find/hunt for the next big thing.
I got my tuning pads a few weeks back and they really completed the headphones. Only thing I changed was the cable. I didn't like the vevo cable so made one myself using neotech 7n occ cables, terminated it XLR 4pin. Very content with it!

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #5,711 of 5,796
Does anyone know how to fix a slight channel imbalance in the Ether C Flow? If there is a way other than software.

Edit: I woke up today and started listening to the Ether C Flows again and now the imbalance I perceived is gone. I don't know how, but I cannot hear an audible difference. Maybe my listening volume last night wasn't loud enough? I switch the cups back and forth on the same ear and listen to the same section of a song and I can no longer hear a volume discrepancy. I am a lot happier than I was yesterday that is for sure.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #5,712 of 5,796
Does anyone know how to fix a slight channel imbalance in the Ether C Flow? If there is a way other than software.

Edit: I woke up today and started listening to the Ether C Flows again and now the imbalance I perceived is gone. I don't know how, but I cannot hear an audible difference. Maybe my listening volume last night wasn't loud enough? I switch the cups back and forth on the same ear and listen to the same section of a song and I can no longer hear a volume discrepancy. I am a lot happier than I was yesterday that is for sure.
Might be worth getting an over the counter earwax cleaning kit. Water in the ear canal or built up wax can cause what your describing.

Apr 24, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #5,714 of 5,796
Interesting, I'll try my test again with the other ear and then I'll try the cleaner method. Also, is there a way to fix a channel imbalance in the Ether C Flow manually? That is if there is one.
If such an imbalance exists (which I highly doubt) you'll need to send it in for repairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back