MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Dec 10, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #5,582 of 5,796
New owner here :) Have them till yesterday. In two words: LOVE THEM! So ballanced sound signature, so effortless details, not fatiguing headphones. Great thing is the weight (I've had LCD-XC before them). Using burson playmate and it drives them very well in my oppinion :)
Few pics:
20191210_091804.jpg 20191210_092909.jpg 20191210_092509.jpg
BTW, have you guys noticed ECF now haven't got the swivel mechanism? like in the CX version.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #5,583 of 5,796
New owner here :) Have them till yesterday. In two words: LOVE THEM! So ballanced sound signature, so effortless details, not fatiguing headphones. Great thing is the weight (I've had LCD-XC before them). Using burson playmate and it drives them very well in my oppinion :)
Few pics:

BTW, have you guys noticed ECF now haven't got the swivel mechanism? like in the CX version.

seems like you got the ECF 1.2. :beyersmile:

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #5,584 of 5,796

Yes, we changed this a year ago. It was a non-announcement, we rolled it out across the line after we introduced this with AEON. It made no change to comfort, removed a few more grams of weight, and simplified assembly so it was a no-brainer. We actually filed and got a design patent for the hingeless headband that uses the flex of the wire to replace moving parts.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 13, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #5,585 of 5,796
Yes, we changed this a year ago. It was a non-announcement, we rolled it out across the line after we introduced this with AEON. It made no change to comfort, removed a few more grams of weight, and simplified assembly so it was a no-brainer. We actually filed and got a design patent for the hingeless headband that uses the flex of the wire to replace moving parts.
Have to agree, it works great, comfy and seal is really good to me :)

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #5,592 of 5,796
Certainly haven't seen that in "pro" reviews. They have a somewhat different voicing, but generally the ETHER linle gives more detail, bigger soundstage, and more weight on the bottom for the Closed. Certainly the AEON is a better "Value," we designed all the same tech in but cost-reduced it, so you can really think of AEON as a smaller sibling with all the same genes.

Sorry, we're behind on this project. We've got it designed, just have to pull the trigger. We will offer a service for the screw-driver averse to install it, and dealers may also offer this.

Hey Dan, looking forward to being able to try out your other pads on the Ether C Flows', but what happens with the current Ether pads once updating the mount to use the adhesives? Will the EStat pads still work with the new mounting setup?

Just curious...I am ready to give it a try whenever the new system comes out!

Keith

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #5,593 of 5,796
Hey Dan, looking forward to being able to try out your other pads on the Ether C Flows', but what happens with the current Ether pads once updating the mount to use the adhesives? Will the EStat pads still work with the new mounting setup?

Just curious...I am ready to give it a try whenever the new system comes out!

Keith

We ran into an issue here, there are several differernt generations of ETHER baffles that require different levels of skill to upgrade, so we were considering a "ship them to us" to upgrade to be new-pad friendly. Would this be of interest to you, or other folk? We'd probably set the fee to $85 plus pads and shipping.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #5,594 of 5,796
We ran into an issue here, there are several differernt generations of ETHER baffles that require different levels of skill to upgrade, so we were considering a "ship them to us" to upgrade to be new-pad friendly. Would this be of interest to you, or other folk? We'd probably set the fee to $85 plus pads and shipping.

I would be glad to send them in for the update...Just let me know when you want them!

Really looking forward to trying out the E2 alt pads

Would the upgrade still allow the use of the EStat and current angled pads?

Keith

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #5,595 of 5,796
I would be glad to send them in for the update...Just let me know when you want them!

Really looking forward to trying out the E2 alt pads

Would the upgrade still allow the use of the EStat and current angled pads?

Keith

Alas, not really. It's kind of a 1 way trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back