MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 27, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #4,787 of 5,796
Lots of power in that beast, curious about impressions myself...
Yeah is very curious, i don't know what amp/dac buy for max 1500... or 2000 if it's incredible good
i think burson conductor v2+ is really good with ether flow...
I have a question, why aeon flow open/closed have the '' tuning pads '' and Ether flow closed/open not?

The ethers have the foam +(thing i don't know wich name is ), i think it can interchangeable too :floatsmile:

Thanks
what about this question? :jecklinsmile::floatsmile:

Mar 27, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #4,788 of 5,796
Yeah is very curious, i don't know what amp/dac buy for max 1500... or 2000 if it's incredible good
i think burson conductor v2+ is really good with ether flow...

what about this question? :jecklinsmile::floatsmile:

Burson is really clean and smooth. I always liked their stuff though I connected more with Cavalli. I really like the GSX 2, the Mjolnir 2, MicroZOTL, Gilmore Lite mk2, WA8, and the new Lyr 3 is great.

For tuning, the ETHERs are damped as they are, and it’s under the pads. People could tune them but pads would need to be removed and tuning put on the outside. I have concerns about how that would affect driver matching, wed need to test this. I’ll consider...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 27, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #4,789 of 5,796
Burson is really clean and smooth. I always liked their stuff though I connected more with Cavalli. I really like the GSX 2, the Mjolnir 2, MicroZOTL, Gilmore Lite mk2, WA8, and the new Lyr 3 is great.

For tuning, the ETHERs are damped as they are, and it’s under the pads. People could tune them but pads would need to be removed and tuning put on the outside. I have concerns about how that would affect driver matching, wed need to test this. I’ll consider...
If you have any news please post it ! :floatsmile:

I'm using my ether flow with only the foam currently, i tested the conductor v2+, and it sound really fun, clean and detail for me.... i can't try these gustard but well, i prefer buy the thing that i can try....
EsOgYZV.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #4,791 of 5,796
Have a look at my firm... Incredible sound with my NOS11 and the Mano Ultra Streamer.

I run my Ethers balanced.

Mar 29, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #4,793 of 5,796
Has anyone ever tried Schiit Loki with ether c flow? Loki looks very interesting. Quite curious whether it could bump a bit more bass on my ether c flow.

Mar 30, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #4,794 of 5,796
Worked fine when I tried it, though it was show conditions... Cool little box. As always from Schiit.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 30, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #4,795 of 5,796
Can you describe it please?
Best regards

Sorry to have come back that late but in my home country, we're on Easter Holidays...

First of all my Audio-Gd has the 1704UK PCM chipset with no oversampling so the sound is perhaps not that detailed as you might get from a 9018//9028//9038 chipset (although Kingwa, the manufacturer of these dacs, knows how to leave them really neutral), but more relaxed, analogue, musical or whatever adjective you might want to use to define it.

From my point of view, the Ether Flow Cs make a great pairing with the Audio-Gd DAC/AMP, the sub-bass is delicious (perhaps the best sub-bass I've ever tried), mids and mid-trebles are great for voices, trebles don't hurt you in the ears (I'm a bit picky about this point) with a great, pretty wide and deep scene for a closed headphone that isolates rather good from outside. Instrument timbre and colour is also very, very real. I can't have any bad words for my Ethers, they do everything really fine. I can't go further than 40 (from 100) on the volume knob of my NOS11 V2 without going really insane loud.

Just one point to improve could be, perhaps for those like me who have a bigger head than average, the two nitinol wires and leather band, being this so soft, gets stuck in the wires, causing a bit of craneal fatigue when using it for average/long periods. Otherwise, pads and clamp are perfect.

I also have the Denon D7000s and being clearly more comfortable than the Ethers, sound wise they're also clearly a step behind these new cans.

Hope these lines help you to make up (a bit) your mind.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #4,796 of 5,796
Sorry to have come back that late but in my home country, we're on Easter Holidays...

First of all my Audio-Gd has the 1704UK PCM chipset with no oversampling so the sound is perhaps not that detailed as you might get from a 9018//9028//9038 chipset (although Kingwa, the manufacturer of these dacs, knows how to leave them really neutral), but more relaxed, analogue, musical or whatever adjective you might want to use to define it.

From my point of view, the Ether Flow Cs make a great pairing with the Audio-Gd DAC/AMP, the sub-bass is delicious (perhaps the best sub-bass I've ever tried), mids and mid-trebles are great for voices, trebles don't hurt you in the ears (I'm a bit picky about this point) with a great, pretty wide and deep scene for a closed headphone that isolates rather good from outside. Instrument timbre and colour is also very, very real. I can't have any bad words for my Ethers, they do everything really fine. I can't go further than 40 (from 100) on the volume knob of my NOS11 V2 without going really insane loud.

Just one point to improve could be, perhaps for those like me who have a bigger head than average, the two nitinol wires and leather band, being this so soft, gets stuck in the wires, causing a bit of craneal fatigue when using it for average/long periods. Otherwise, pads and clamp are perfect.

I also have the Denon D7000s and being clearly more comfortable than the Ethers, sound wise they're also clearly a step beyond these new cans.

What about slam??

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #4,797 of 5,796
What about slam??

Very good, indeed. Refined, dry. It appears when it's called up to do so... My other LCD-X have a greater (bloating perhaps?) slam (that's why I have them there, raging from the HD800Ss-Ether Flow Cs-Audeze LCD-Xs), but the slam on the Ethers is more "educated". As I've said they have a real good PRaT, but they are no Audezes if you know what I mean...

Good for Rock, Trance for example but at the same time, something really pleasant to listen at some Jazz or Blues.

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #4,799 of 5,796
You will, for sure, be getting some fun. :L3000:

Keep us posted!!

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #4,800 of 5,796

I also have the Denon D7000s and being clearly more comfortable than the Ethers, sound wise they're also clearly a step beyond these new cans.

Do you mean the denom is better sounding than ether c flow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back