MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 10, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #4,771 of 5,796
i have afo and i'm considering efc, i'd like to have a closed mr speakers can. but i love afo's bass and slam and i'm afraid that i will miss it.. any suggestions? also i read that clear is bass shy.. is it true? (comparing to afo)thx
I haven't heard the AFO sorry so I can't compare.
On another note I'm selling my MINT Ether C Flow HERE if anyone is interested.
I would have never done that if it was not to finance my new and crazy DAC purchase.

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #4,772 of 5,796
I shouldn't comment on the Clear for obvious reasons, however I can say is the EF Closed has really solid bass and sub bass, more than AFO, but it's a little lighter in the upper bass than AFO. So bass hit harder with electronica, dance, hip hop, etc, but it's a little lighter for classic rock and jazz than AFO, as those genres have bass at higher frequencies with more upper harmonic content.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 19, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #4,774 of 5,796
Did someone once say that there is a (safe) way to make the headband sliders less likely to slide up on their own?

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #4,775 of 5,796
Did someone once say that there is a (safe) way to make the headband sliders less likely to slide up on their own?

You can very lightly tighten the screws to stop them sliding. And I mean very lightly.

Mar 20, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #4,776 of 5,796

Use a good Phillips Head screwdriver and do 1/4 turn clockwise, repeat until there's friction. The leather compresses a bit with age and the slider may need a little adjustment. If you "gorilla" the screw, you can strip it but if so, it's easy to replace just email us.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #4,777 of 5,796
I shouldn't comment on the Clear for obvious reasons, however I can say is the EF Closed has really solid bass and sub bass, more than AFO, but it's a little lighter in the upper bass than AFO. So bass hit harder with electronica, dance, hip hop, etc, but it's a little lighter for classic rock and jazz than AFO, as those genres have bass at higher frequencies with more upper harmonic content.

I ordered efc at the end! What about metallica? Do they sound fatiguing?with afo i can turn the volume very high before getting fatigued

Mar 21, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #4,778 of 5,796
I ordered efc at the end! What about metallica? Do they sound fatiguing?with afo i can turn the volume very high before getting fatigued

I ordered a CTH amp from Massdrop. From users' impressions I read from various forums, it is a warm amp that even goes well with hd800s or utopia.

Because efc is a bit brighter than afo, I expect that a warmish CTH pairs well with efc. Once I got a unit, I will post some impressions about them.

Mar 21, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #4,779 of 5,796
Use a good Phillips Head screwdriver and do 1/4 turn clockwise, repeat until there's friction. The leather compresses a bit with age and the slider may need a little adjustment. If you "gorilla" the screw, you can strip it but if so, it's easy to replace just email us.
Thanks!
One thing I am curious about, why are the non-Flow versions still being sold? I always thought of Flow as an improvement to the originals.
Would love to hear the VOCE some day

Mar 21, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #4,781 of 5,796
Thanks!
One thing I am curious about, why are the non-Flow versions still being sold? I always thought of Flow as an improvement to the originals.
Would love to hear the VOCE some day

Simple, there’s really no such thing as a sonic change that everyone will agree to. A subset of people still prefer the sound of the original either headphones, and while they don’t sell anywhere near as well as our floor models, there still a market…

Mar 21, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #4,782 of 5,796

Others have to answer that, I’m not a big metal fan and not well enough versed to reply. Steve Wilson and King Crimson sound pretty good to me on EFC but for both I might reach for AFO first of isolation isn’t needed...

Mar 21, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #4,783 of 5,796
I have a question, why aeon flow open/closed have the '' tuning pads '' and Ether flow closed/open not?

The ethers have the foam +(thing i don't know wich name is ), i think it can interchangeable too :floatsmile:

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back