MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Feb 1, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,691 of 5,796
The AEON (what does the name mean?) looks promising, will there be an open one too?

This is what I always think of...  from the fading heyday of MTV.

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #3,693 of 5,796
Got my C's back from the Flow-reassignment surgery (thanks Dan!). So glad to have my babies back home. Am burning them in now but already am really liking their sound. These things also have some serious bass to my ears. Looking forward to bringing them to NYC this weekend and seeing how they sound on different gear and also compare against some other newer cans, such as the Aeons. Cheers

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #3,694 of 5,796
I'm sorry, I don't get it..?

Aeon Flux from Liquid Television back in the 90s.  First time I'd ever really seen or heard that word used.

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #3,695 of 5,796
Feb 1, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #3,696 of 5,796
We picked ÆON because it has a couple of relevant meanings...  The first and most important is "Life." We felt the headphone has a lovely midrange and the name is meant to suggest that...  

The second meaning is a bit tongue in cheek, the derivative meaning because eon, a LONG period of time.  We started work on ÆON around the same time as ETHER and there were more than a few big roadblocks we had to bypass...  

From Wikipedia:

The word aeon /ˈiːɒn/, also spelled eon (in American English) and æon, originally meant "life", "vital force" or "being", "generation" or "a period of time", though it tended to be translated as "age" in the sense of "ages", "forever", "timeless" or "for eternity". It is a Latin transliteration from the koine Greek word ὁ αἰών (ho aion), from the archaic αἰϝών (aiwon). In Homer it typically refers to life or lifespan. Its latest meaning is more or less similar to the Sanskrit word kalpa and Hebrew word olam. A cognate Latin word aevum or aeuum (cf. αἰϝών) for "age" is present in words such as longevity and mediaeval.[1]

Although the term aeon may be used in reference to a period of a billion years (especially in geologycosmology or astronomy), its more common usage is for any long, indefinite, period. Aeon can also refer to the four aeons on the Geologic Time Scale that make up the Earth's history, the HadeanArcheanProterozoic, and the current aeon Phanerozoic.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 1, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #3,699 of 5,796
Are the big circular for Ether leather pads available any time soon to purchase Dan?
Thank you.

We're awaiting delivery, they'll be on the site as soon as they arrive.  Probably mid Feb.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 1, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3,700 of 5,796
Hey mrspeakers how long are you doing the upgrades on the Ethers? I can't decide between Open or Closed as the ones I heard at Chicago last year were not burned in and was wanting to hear both that were as I will be at CanJam SoCal this April.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #3,702 of 5,796

Users who are viewing this thread

Back