MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jan 15, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #3,526 of 5,796
  I decided to buy the C Flow only after an audition against T5p 2.gen and MDR-Z1R.

I don't know what Tyll heard but IMO these are by a long shot the best Closed Back headphones I ever tried. Which is the reason why I bought them.
I wish all the cans I owned or listened had the same "treble issues" he mentioned. These cans are spectacular for me because they just make me feel I never want to stop listening to my music. 

Are they worth 1,800 USD? Well this is very subjective, even more than sound quality...
For me they were.

Have you tried the original C? The original C is spectacular. Upgrading it to the C Flow is an one way trip, there is no way going back. I have no treble issues with the original C only if I use the white dampening material. Without it, it is fatiguing of course. Even though I like a little bit bright can as I love to listen to female vocal, I would avoid shrill ones at all costs.  

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #3,527 of 5,796
Zeos currently has a pair of Ether Flows. 

Is everyone looking forward for him spending 10 minutes talking and playing with the NiTinol headband? 
popcorn.gif

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #3,528 of 5,796
Please split this thread between flow and flow C.....It's getting very difficult to find flow vs flow C comparisons ....Especially as the vast majority of folks seem to be buying the flow C's.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #3,529 of 5,796
This is the introduction thread someone should start a impressions thread for each.

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #3,531 of 5,796
Burnin burning burnin Rawhide... about 120 hours in..Lots more sound stage and extra detail from the original. Happy so far digging out new details I never heard before and more to go. Harder get my head around the tonal changes but fun. I have so many audio extras I need to test with a stable settled headphone
but it's the journey of experience that makes life interesting..
Thanks and have fun
Dave:blush:

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #3,533 of 5,796
Does anyone know how to remove the colored part of the earcups? Would like to paint it black :)

They are glued on so I would strongly recommend against trying to remove them personally.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #3,535 of 5,796
I know probably 90% of the time a review of an upgraded headphone cable is on sound quality, can someone tell/recommend which cable is the most supple and doesn't have memory?  This DUM cable tries to twist and doesn't lay flat.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #3,536 of 5,796
While planned on reading this entire thread, I got to page 52 and caved.
I actually got convinced much earlier than that, but I felt like I needed to know as much about these as possible, because I plan on using these as my endgame headphone for hopefully a long time to come.

I also saw that some people recommend running these straight out of the Mojo, which makes me very happy.
But, I'll still be looking to purchase a balanced amplifier, since my Wyred 4 DAC LE has balanced outputs.

I read some great stuff about the Violectric in this thread, but that might be a bit far off, budget-wise (for now). :p
If anyone has any other amp recommendations below the 1.000 quid pricepoint, I'm all ears.

For now I'll just be revelling in the giddy feeling I get after I buy stupidly expensive things (while continuing the read this great thread of course), and I'll be dodging my Fiancée all day, who is actually to blame for reigniting my passion for audio with her Mojo gift.
Yea, it's all her fault.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #3,537 of 5,796
  While planned on reading this entire thread, I got to page 52 and caved.
I actually got convinced much earlier than that, but I felt like I needed to know as much about these as possible, because I plan on using these as my endgame headphone for hopefully a long time to come.

I also saw that some people recommend running these straight out of the Mojo, which makes me very happy.
But, I'll still be looking to purchase a balanced amplifier, since my Wyred 4 DAC LE has balanced outputs.

I read some great stuff about the Violectric in this thread, but that might be a bit far off, budget-wise (for now). :p
If anyone has any other amp recommendations below the 1.000 quid pricepoint, I'm all ears.

For now I'll just be revelling in the giddy feeling I get after I buy stupidly expensive things (while continuing the read this great thread of course), and I'll be dodging my Fiancée all day, who is actually to blame for reigniting my passion for audio with her Mojo gift.
Yea, it's all her fault.

I love it with my Schiit Mjolnir 2 using iFi NOS 6922 and that is just under £1k all in.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #3,538 of 5,796

I love it with my Schiit Mjolnir 2 using iFi NOS 6922 and that is just under £1k all in.

Ah yes!

I did get in touch with Schiit Europe, and they unfortunately told me that they won't have any Mjolnir 2s until the end of February, and possibly even later than that.
I'm constantly checking the head-fi Amps For Sale section though.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #3,539 of 5,796

Ah yes!

I did get in touch with Schiit Europe, and they unfortunately told me that they won't have any Mjolnir 2s until the end of February, and possibly even later than that.
I'm constantly checking the head-fi Amps For Sale section though.

To be honest I just checked the UK website and everything seems to have gone up by a significant amount so I am not sure it is so worth it anymore. Obviously doesn't make the Mjolnir 2 bad just it isn't as good value as it used to be and it is more £ than $ which somewhat frustrates me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back