MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 28, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #1,801 of 5,796
I just wish we could get a answer if there was something wrong with the C Flows from the Chicago meet. The highs in that pair was anemic compared to the C's. Still not sure that burn in would make up the difference in the two.
You're fighting the good fight on this one, and I hope that we can get an answer soon. Seems like many other impressions other than those at Chicago have indicated that the C's were missing some sparkle of the opens, but were still great.

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #1,802 of 5,796
You're fighting the good fight on this one, and I hope that we can get an answer soon. Seems like many other impressions other than those at Chicago have indicated that the C's were missing some sparkle of the opens, but were still great.
Yep no answer from Dan or the crew as I'm sure their very busy right now but something would be nice as he said he would check them out.

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #1,803 of 5,796
I'm having an odd issue that I can't figure out with my Ether Flows. There is a fairly loud (noticeable over normal listening volumes) clicking/crinkling sound on the right side when turning my head, adjusting the way the headphones are sitting, etc. I though this might be an issue with the earpad but I've swapped it with the one on the left and the sound stays on the right. Also, to make sure my hearing isn't wonky in one ear or the other I tried moving the earpad to my Ether C 1.1 and can't reproduce it. I've inspected both the pads and the headphones pretty thoroughly but cannot figure it out.

It does seem like it is related to the seal however, if I break the seal by placing one of my fingers in between the pad and where it contacts behind my ear the issue goes away. Likewise, if I pull the pad and place it slightly off center and then put the headphones on (clamping keeps the pad and headphones in place) the issue goes away.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #1,804 of 5,796
I'm having an odd issue that I can't figure out with my Ether Flows. There is a fairly loud (noticeable over normal listening volumes) clicking/crinkling sound on the right side when turning my head, adjusting the way the headphones are sitting, etc. I though this might be an issue with the earpad but I've swapped it with the one on the left and the sound stays on the right. Also, to make sure my hearing isn't wonky in one ear or the other I tried moving the earpad to my Ether C 1.1 and can't reproduce it. I've inspected both the pads and the headphones pretty thoroughly but cannot figure it out.

It does seem like it is related to the seal however, if I break the seal by placing one of my fingers in between the pad and where it contacts behind my ear the issue goes away. Likewise, if I pull the pad and place it slightly off center and then put the headphones on (clamping keeps the pad and headphones in place) the issue goes away.

Anyone have any thoughts?

If you have a good seal and are moving your head or the HP around and changing the volume of space that's sealed that sound is likely the membrane moving around. Happens on a number of plannars. Cheers

Aug 28, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,806 of 5,796

Gotcha, seems it must vary a lot (driver to driver) as the left side and both on my Ether C aren't noticeable.

I'd still check with Dan just to make sure, but that would be my guess. Cheers 

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #1,808 of 5,796
Are the cable connectors the same as the Ether on the Ether Flow?  Does anyone know how backed up is Mr Speakers from order to ship date?

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #1,810 of 5,796
This sounds weird but once I turned off all visualization on foobar2000 It seems that the music sounds better even though obviously the visualizers don't affect the sound quality but it's just maybe that I can focus on the music and it's weird but I can just hear everything clearer and more focused and it's absolutely amazing haha. I'm bad at focusing on things so that helped to connect to the music.

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,811 of 5,796
  This sounds weird but once I turned off all visualization on foobar2000 It seems that the music sounds better even though obviously the visualizers don't affect the sound quality but it's just maybe that I can focus on the music and it's weird but I can just hear everything clearer and more focused and it's absolutely amazing haha. I'm bad at focusing on things so that helped to connect to the music.

Perhap  your CPU's ability of outputting the bits is affected by the graphic rendering. Remember, USB implementation does not have error correction

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,812 of 5,796
  Perhap  your CPU's ability of outputting the bits is affected by the graphic rendering. Remember, USB implementation does not have error correction

Oh well I'm using optical anyway. Just not looking at the oscilloscope going crazy allows me to focus more. Same as if you are blind, your other senses would compensate and become stronger I guess. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #1,813 of 5,796
Look at their warranty page.

Warranty

MrSpeakers offers a 1-year warranty for parts, labor and shipping, commencing with the date of the original purchase for cables and accessories and for Mad Dog and Alpha Dog headphones. Alpha Prime, ETHER and ETHER C headphones have a two year warranty.

The warranty is transferable, provided there is documentation of the original purchase. Warranty is void and is non-transferable for products that are shipped as “Gray Market” (e.g. international customers purchasing from US resellers and shipping to a friend or freight-forwarder for export).

Warranty does not cover damage by the owner (opening the unit, dropping, damage by failure of electronics, etc.). Acts of god and all the rest of the usual caveats apply which reinforce that a warranty issue is only something MrSpeakers did wrong, or that was intrinsically wrong with the product we received from any our suppliers. We will repair or replace defective goods at our discretion.

For customers who purchased from mrspeakers.com, customers ship direct to MrSpeakers and MrSpeakers will pay return shipping. For customers who purchase through resellers the headphone is to be returned to the reseller, who ships to MrSpeakers; MrSpeakers will pay return shipping to the reseller.

That does not apply to a person physically transporting it themselves and keeping it for personal use overseas. They are not shipping to a friend or freight forwarder.

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,814 of 5,796
  Are the cable connectors the same as the Ether on the Ether Flow?  Does anyone know how backed up is Mr Speakers from order to ship date?

Upgrades are backed up but new units are available and it ships faster if you're ok with generic packaging.

I ordered Wednesday and had mine shipped out Thursday with generic packaging. The main delay was waiting on the commercial packaging so if you forego it they ship out quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back