MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 28, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #1,786 of 5,796
Do note you void your warranty in doing so.

No you don't. I live in Australia, bought from the US, warranty was still valid when I had a small problem.

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,787 of 5,796
Problem is £1700 is still a huge increase of price compared to the US price or that of the original ethers.. I'd love to know how many European preorders they have taken at this price. :popcorn:

Let's hope once released they rethink the price as I'd still love a pair :L3000:

Well I pre ordered one... After hearing them at CanJam they were immediately added to my "need" list :p.

Regarding price, I would say that you have to remember that the exchange rate is terrible at the moment and US prices are listed without tax. Yes it is still more expensive but the difference is much more acceptable at £1700 than it was at £1750. The US price plus 20% VAT works out at roughly £1650 add on insured shipping at it seems about right now in my opinion. £1750 was too much though.

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #1,788 of 5,796
Like you I heard them at the London Canjam and were the best of the show for me so we're definitely on my "need" list but once the uk price was announced. It killed the idea for me.. ~£1500 would have been nice :D

Hey you gotta dream right :wink:

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #1,789 of 5,796
Well I pre ordered one... After hearing them at CanJam they were immediately added to my "need" list
tongue.gif

Regarding price, I would say that you have to remember that the exchange rate is terrible at the moment and US prices are listed without tax. Yes it is still more expensive but the difference is much more acceptable at £1700 than it was at £1750. The US price plus 20% VAT works out at roughly £1650 add on insured shipping at it seems about right now in my opinion. £1750 was too much though.

I do not understand why this constantly has to be reminded.  Through the years I've collect a few items.  I've been on forums for guns, knives, pens, watches, toys, lights, audio gear and headphones.  I always see the same thing, people complaining about the prices in their county.  Dan did not set the exchange rate or charge import duty or other taxes.  Please stop with the whining.  You have high taxes, we have crap health care... lets call it even.

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #1,790 of 5,796
Thought I didn't get an upgrade email but I did! So now I need to make a dicission whether to stay with open of switch to closed back.

Any (more) people who have heard flow vs c flow and are willing to say which they prefer? Most comments are from people who heard either one but both.

Scanspeakman

Depends how you will use them for and your preferences. I have both in at the moment, while I really like both my preference is for the open Flow. I prefer a more "open, relaxed" soundstage and find the tone more to my taste. With that said, the Flow C is the best closed can I have ever heard, bet none. It's just that when traveling and listening to tunes late at night I tend to use CIEMs. The Ether Flow continues to amaze, it doesn't cede a bit in bass impact to my LCD-3f (2016), but adds some of the clarity of the HD800, while preserving the rich tone of the Audeze (this is the biggest improvement over the original).

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #1,791 of 5,796
It's not all taxes or exchange rate. The % price has jumped more in Europe than US from the model change.

Original US ether $1500+tax. New flow $1800+tax so a 20% increase

U.K. Ether £1250 inc tax. New flow is £1750 inc tax so a 40% price jump.................:rolleyes:

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #1,792 of 5,796
It's not all taxes or exchange rate. The % price has jumped more in Europe than US from the model change.

Original US ether $1500+tax. New flow $1800+tax so a 20% increase

U.K. Ether £1250 inc tax. New flow is £1750 inc tax so a 40% price jump.................:rolleyes:

Your local distributor has to make a buck too. Order direct, pay the international shipping, import duty and vat yourself and save a few £.

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #1,793 of 5,796
Problem is £1700 is still a huge increase of price compared to the US price or that of the original ethers.. I'd love to know how many European preorders they have taken at this price.
popcorn.gif

Let's hope once released they rethink the price as I'd still love a pair
L3000.gif

The US price does not include sales tax, which we in the US pay at different rates depending on the state. The ex-VAT pound price in that ad comes to US $1860 at current exchange rates, the price for the same item bought in the US is $1799.99. Yes, the pound dropped a lot relative to USD, but I don't think you can blame that on MrSpeakers...

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #1,794 of 5,796
The pre VAT £ price is in line with the US price, much closer than CAD exchange rate pre tax, which is about $2300 CAD pre tax. In a global market this is what is expected.

US ETHER Flow price = $1799
GB ETHER Flow price = £1400 = $1840 US (probably a difference for shipping overseas)
CAD ETHER Flow price = $2300 CAD

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #1,796 of 5,796
Aug 28, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #1,797 of 5,796
The part that has changed are the exchange rates.

So shouldn't the original ethers be more now too?

I don't have an issue with the price rise by its self. I know people need to be paid etc... And like I said earlier,I've heard these and know they are great.

It's the price difference between the original ether and the flows I can't work out when you compare the 2 countries
US price has gone up $300, UK has gone up by £500. That's roughly $650...

But hey what do I know.. :D

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #1,798 of 5,796
Depends how you will use them for and your preferences. I have both in at the moment, while I really like both my preference is for the open Flow. I prefer a more "open, relaxed" soundstage and find the tone more to my taste. With that said, the Flow C is the best closed can I have ever heard, bet none. It's just that when traveling and listening to tunes late at night I tend to use CIEMs. The Ether Flow continues to amaze, it doesn't cede a bit in bass impact to my LCD-3f (2016), but adds some of the clarity of the HD800, while preserving the rich tone of the Audeze (this is the biggest improvement over the original).

It really seems to come down to genre. Your jazz music probably sounds better on the open cans. I'm torn, as I have music that would work well for both, and I want to game in them.

Ultimately, the fiancé would prefer I go closed back, and since she's blessing this expenditure, I feel compelled to abide by her preference!

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #1,799 of 5,796
I just wish we could get a answer if there was something wrong with the C Flows from the Chicago meet. The highs in that pair was anemic compared to the C's. Still not sure that burn in would make up the difference in the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back