MrSpeakers Ether CX - $899 from Massdrop
Oct 21, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #76 of 744
I'm not even sure if they were there, but did anyone happen to hear these at RMAF?

There was a pair at RMAF, but the representatives who were working the booth (who are consistently very nice people each year, btw) advised that it was not the final product that was going to be dropped.

-Steve

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #78 of 744
All the materials are arriving this week, we should be good to meet the delivery schedule. :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 1, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #79 of 744
Fingers crossed this becomes a semi-regular drop on massdrop. I can’t get one right now, but i want to start saving up for a truly great pair of closed-back headphones.

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #80 of 744
I'm also hoping this becomes a regular drop as this completely flew under my radar and I definitely would have grabbed one for that price, especially after hearing more of the Ether C at CanJam NYC. I'm hoping massdrop ordered more than the original drop called for, and they'll list them for immediate sale once the shipment comes in. Wonder what the chances of that are...

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #81 of 744
We can hope. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the drop only sold about half the number of units that were offered unfortunately. On top of that, the number of people in the drop slowly started to trickle down as people began canceling their orders for whatever reason.So the drop wasn't spectacular... but I do hope it comes back at least once. I loved the ether c non-flow I had, only reason I traded it was because of the lack of bass, but the cx addressed that exact issue apparently. I would have grabbed a pair in the drop too but some a-hole slashed two of my tires and there went my extra money for the month...

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #85 of 744
Wow, this is interesting. How does it compare with AFC ?

The drop page and discussion thread have a lot of info on this. Tl;dr: it's damn close to the Ether 2C for half the price.

Feb 23, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #87 of 744
From Massdrop:

JaleesaG
Admin User
Hi all, Great news! We’re happy to announce that the Massdrop x MrSpeakers Ether CX Closed Headphones are en route to our warehouse and shipping will begin shortly. You can expect to receive tracking information by the estimated ship date of February 25th. We look forward to you enjoying your items soon!

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #88 of 744
I hope people really enjoy these, we put in lots of tuning options and worked really hard to give it a super smooth voicing with a really nice tone and more resolution than the original ETHER C.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #90 of 744

Users who are viewing this thread

Back