MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Mar 4, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #2,791 of 4,813
I would just comment that I like the Audeze packaging for their LCD series - the Pelican boxes.  They protect the HP's very well in initial shipment, then are portable and will protect the product wherever you choose to take the cans.  Just IMO.

I agree. I admire it because it's functional. I carried it through the airport with absolutely no worries. The Ether case is pretty nice though, but I would be glad if Dan offered a pelican case option as well. Just a thought!

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #2,792 of 4,813
  Well, I don't think our product looks butt ugly or cheap, and since people who buy headphones in this class are driven by sound, I think we made the right call to invest dollars in functional items to use with the headphone instead of a snazzy box to collect dust or toss in the landfill.  So I'm good...  :)

Nicely said could not agree more. Cya at CanJam to get the 1.1 upgrade.

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,793 of 4,813
If it weren't for warranty periods and resale, I'd get rid of every box headphones come in.

It can be the prettiest, fanciest box ever.

All I need is for the box to protect the headphones well upon shipping. After that, I could care less.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #2,794 of 4,813

I'll add:

Infected Mushroom

Kiasmos

Alt J

Connect.OHM

Milky Chance

Thanks guys. Ii'll be on Amazon tomorrow.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #2,795 of 4,813
  Mr. Speakers, What is your present Ether C tune for EDM since 1.1 has come out? Its all your fault that I have spent lots of money on mostly trance and other EDM CDs. You stated that you listen to 50% EDM, so this 67 year old guy decided to find out what EDM is all about.  Its ATB, Van Burren, House, Dubstep and Ibiza. In other words, Euro party and club music. Makes me feel 20 something again.

Gosh, that's a fun question.  1.1 hasn't changed the music I love, but...

As noted, I really enjoy he lunatics at Shpongle, OTT and Younger Brother, and there's also an absolutely amazing label called Ultimae, and everything they publish I've enjoyed.  Matt mentioned Connect.ohm, but there's also:

AES Dana (watch out, there's a funky gaelic heavy-metal group of the same name)
Solar Fields
H.U.V.A. Network
Opus
Sync24
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Etc.

I'm also into minimalist, I really like Steve Bug, Booka Shade, etc.  There's tons more, in addition to my ETHER C Tidal list, I may do an electronic one, though a few of the artists I like aren't on Tidal.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 4, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #2,797 of 4,813

Tidal is probably a lot cheaper!  lol

Yes, for sure.  I'm old school, though, I try to buy direct from the artists so they get SOME money for their effort.  Tidal is peanuts to them, it's sad...   

All the Ultimae artists I mentioned have 24/48 downloads on bandcamp.com and their prices are really reasonable.  Just my $.02.

BTW, I can very happily say the Cavalli Spark rocks both ETHERs.  My AK320 driving Spark = a heavy pocket for a ton of amazing.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #2,798 of 4,813

As noted, I really enjoy he lunatics at Shpongle, OTT and Younger Brother, and there's also an absolutely amazing label called Ultimae, and everything they publish I've enjoyed.  Matt mentioned Connect.ohm, but there's also:

Solar Fields
H.U.V.A. Network
Opus
Sync24
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Etc.

I'm also into minimalist, I really like Steve Bug, Booka Shade, etc.  There's tons more, in addition to my ETHER C Tidal list, I may do an electronic one, though a few of the artists I like aren't on Tidal.  

Thanks Dan I like Booka Shade.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #2,799 of 4,813

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #2,800 of 4,813
Can't wait for CanJam.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #2,801 of 4,813

Solar Fields
H.U.V.A. Network
Opus
Sync24
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Etc.

You have a Tidal playlist?

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #2,802 of 4,813
You make some of the greatest headphones and still have time to find some great music you are the man.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #2,803 of 4,813
Mar 4, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #2,804 of 4,813
I can't recommend the whole Ultimae late enoughl.  Listening to Solar Fields' amazing production on Blue Moon Station never ceases to amaze me.  What an artist.   Check out this track... http://www.tidal.com/track/36162351  

The Tidal playlist for ETHER C is a WIP, but feel free to check it out.  Starts out jazz, works it's want into Electronica, shifts to some rock, in short makes no coherent sense but hopefully is fun.  Now that 1.1 is out I want to jigger it a little and add some more fun stuff.  

tidal.com/playlist/adfe1182-a4d8-4b18-b0fd-ce8951d6e0b3

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #2,805 of 4,813
  You got that right. Great! Ether-C's are bass light. What!

Is that album tight or what?  The bass is amazing, it's hard to stay seated.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back