MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Mar 4, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #2,806 of 4,813
Mar 4, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #2,807 of 4,813

Is that album tight or what?  The bass is amazing, it's hard to stay seated.  

Listen to Glass Animals .You have gave me soo much to listen to. You are the man. I dig your Tidal play list.Steve Bug is so much fun.

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #2,810 of 4,813

Yes, for sure.  I'm old school, though, I try to buy direct from the artists so they get SOME money for their effort.  Tidal is peanuts to them, it's sad...   

All the Ultimae artists I mentioned have 24/48 downloads on bandcamp.com and their prices are really reasonable.  Just my $.02.

BTW, I can very happily say the Cavalli Spark rocks both ETHERs.  My AK320 driving Spark = a heavy pocket for a ton of amazing.  

Oh absolutely.  I tend to use Tidal for discovery more than anything else.  Stuff I like, I still buy.  And Bandcamp is definitely the way to go if they have that.  And yeah, looking forward to hearing the final prototype of the Spark in a couple weeks!  It got crazy good feedback from Singapore (and the version I heard at RMAF sounded great with the Ether C!).

BTW, thanks a LOT for giving me a bunch of new music to check out while my desktop rig is down.  >.<  I'll have to bookmark this page for later...

EDIT - Oh yeah, love Solar Fields.  "Random Friday" is always in my DAP and I us use a song from that album as one of my test tracks.

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #2,812 of 4,813
This is well presented by the microZOTL2 through ETHER-C (still on 1.0 tuning despite having received my 1.1 pads) ....

Title: Island In the Sun
Artist: String Tribute Players
Album: Weezer String Tribute

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #2,813 of 4,813
We might be going off the rails here, but what is Bandcamp? I've seen it referred to a few times this week.

There's this thing called Google. It's the first hit. :wink_face:

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #2,814 of 4,813
There's this thing called Google. It's the first hit.
wink_face.gif

This is a quicker way to say the same thing, but even snarkier:  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bandcamp  
atsmile.gif

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #2,815 of 4,813
Anyone know where to get SN-8-4(P) female connectors? I'm thinking of modding my T1's to use these. 

I suppose the receptacle might be SN-8-4(R)

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #2,816 of 4,813

This is a quicker way to say the same thing, but even snarkier:  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bandcamp  
atsmile.gif

Haha, I love the "was that so hard" comment at the bottom too

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #2,817 of 4,813
Yes, for sure.  I'm old school, though, I try to buy direct from the artists so they get SOME money for their effort.  Tidal is peanuts to them, it's sad...   

All the Ultimae artists I mentioned have 24/48 downloads on bandcamp.com and their prices are really reasonable.  Just my $.02.

BTW, I can very happily say the Cavalli Spark rocks both ETHERs.  My AK320 driving Spark = a heavy pocket for a ton of amazing.  

I may skip the mojo and go straight for the Spark. Do you prefer the Spark to the Mojo? Any impressions would be welcome!!

BTW thank you for your answers regarding the DUM cable. I didn't mean to almost derail the thread.

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #2,818 of 4,813
I may skip the mojo and go straight for the Spark. Do you prefer the Spark to the Mojo? Any impressions would be welcome!!

BTW thank you for your answers regarding the DUM cable. I didn't mean to almost derail the thread.

The Spark is an amp only.  The Mojo is a DAC/Amp combo (though mostly a DAC).  They're not mutually exclusive.  In fact, I suspect I will use the Spark with the Mojo eventually.

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #2,819 of 4,813
Mar 5, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #2,820 of 4,813

By ally means buy directly from the artists, but Tidal and Spotify are what I'd call "fun money". Spotify pays roughly 0.72 cents per play and Tidal pays 1.2 cents per play, which doesn't sound like much (and it really isn't) but say an indie artists gets 100k plays a month of both that's close to $2000 a month. Now this is totally out-of-the-blue money that the artist didn't even count until recently.( I still don't count Apple music because they've never paid me, it's coming though!)

Now if an artist normally makes the bulk of his money from record sales, download sales, songwriting/publishing, and live gigs, that $2k out of the blue can mean a pair of high end headphones every month..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back