MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Feb 26, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #2,626 of 4,813
I also want to second that, Dan has given me quick responses in handling questions and addressing issues, and it's much appreciated.

+1, best customer service in the biz (and I've owned Audeze's, HiFiMan's, Sennheiser's, Grado's, Oppo's, etc, etc) and Mr. Speakers (or Dan as I like to call the company :) is the best. 

The Ether C is also my choice as best overall value in headphones right now, it gets more use than my LCD-3s do now which is saying something because I loved those for years.

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #2,627 of 4,813
I also want to second that, Dan has given me quick responses in handling questions and addressing issues, and it's much appreciated.

+1, best customer service in the biz (and I've owned Audeze's, HiFiMan's, Sennheiser's, Grado's, Oppo's, etc, etc) and Mr. Speakers (or Dan as I like to call the company :) is the best. 

The Ether C is also my choice as best overall value in headphones right now, it gets more use than my LCD-3s do now which is saying something because I loved those for years.

Yeah, Dan gets in the trenches himself on all things customer service, too. Best customer service I've ever seen

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #2,628 of 4,813
Thanks for the lively and very informative discussion about dynamics and dynamic range. I have a much better understanding of the topic.

I also want to give yet another accolade to Dan from MeSpeakers. I've had some technical issues with a few orders, and Dan has been absolutely FANTASTIC in resolving each and everyone. I don't get to meets often as I live in the middle of fricken' nowhere, but when I do attend my next meet (probably in Denver), I will be featuring the Ether C.

Mine will be at the DC meet today..

And ditto on Dan's service. He was very helpful in getting my shipment out before Christmas...

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #2,629 of 4,813

Yeah, I don't understand the nonsense about not getting a straight answer to return rate ... didn't the answer come the same day?  But, in any event, +1 on the ETHER-C.  And I know the ETHER line of 'phones has moved the reference for more than a few folks...  :)

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #2,630 of 4,813
Yeah, I don't understand the nonsense about not getting a straight answer to return rate ... didn't the answer come the same day?  But, in any event, +1 on the ETHER-C.  And I know the ETHER line of 'phones has moved the reference for more than a few folks...  :)

That was nonsense indeed. Try asking other vendors about these sort of stuff and most of them will have their lips sealed. Dan is very fair and transparent with regards to his business practice.

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #2,631 of 4,813
Now that I have finally found my end-game for my open back headphones (HE-X & TH900 plus a Stax SR009 that I will buy when I will receive my BHSE that I just ordered), I am again looking for the best (for my taste) TOL closed ISOLATING headphone for when I cannot disturb outside or when I am in a noisy environement. 

--> Does the Ether C isolate well ? 

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #2,634 of 4,813
  Now that I have finally found my end-game for my open back headphones (HE-X & TH900 plus a Stax SR009 that I will buy when I will receive my BHSE that I just ordered), I am again looking for the best (for my taste) TOL closed ISOLATING headphone for when I cannot disturb outside or when I am in a noisy environement. 

--> Does the Ether C isolate well ? 

I've heard the ETHER C for an extensive time during Canjam@RMAF. Not only did I find them very comfortable to wear - something you seem to find important, given your experience with Audeze - I also thought they sounded very good. The one thing that I can still remember is the impactful, though not over-exaggerating bass (i'm the opposite of a basshead). I didn't really pay that much attention to isolation, but it was obviously a noise environment, and I can't remember it bothering me. If you're looking for a closed headphone, the ETHER C would be at the top of my list.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #2,635 of 4,813
the isolation on the ether C is far better than the Audeze LC as a comparison....not quite as good as the Oppo closed back IMHO but obviously far better sounding...I was used to IEM's before I switched to over the ear cans and my first foray was the Audeze closed back which sounded good but hardly isolated at all...the c's provide reasonable isolation with wonderful sound and IMHO are the best closed back cans available

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #2,636 of 4,813
Isolation on Ether C is excellent. Unless you have someone literally pressed up next to you, there shouldn't be any issues.

As a past owner of the TH900, I can safely say the Ether C is a better headphone and should be the choice between the two. This is coming from someone whose fave headphone was a Fostex-equipped Denon D7000. The Ether C is the best headphone I have heard overall, period.

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #2,637 of 4,813
This is an excellent return rate that speaks to the company's quality products. I wonder why I could not get a straight answer sooner.

blink.gif

Keep in mind you are not interfacing with simply a representative, but with the man who invented the product himself. In all my years, I have never had the privilege to have access to the individual(s) who design and make the things I love most, much less receive feedback from them on such a quick turnaround, as I have with Mr Dan Clark.

Perhaps you're just a troll, trying to get a reaction. In the off chance you aren't... wow

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #2,638 of 4,813
I WISH all companies dealt with customers the way Dan does. We should all be so lucky.

We have an outlet to engage with him on the regular just by replying to this thread.

Feb 28, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #2,639 of 4,813
Been playing with the new 1.1 tuning kit, it does seem to provide a subtle improvement, most noticeable is the high end seems a bit cleaner and easier to distinguish instrument, definately worth $10.

My preferred setup so far is 1.1 with 1 white tuning pad. Seems to provide a nice warm LCD-2 effect that I prefer with the amp I am currently using, the HA-1 which can be a bit strident if used with "bright" headphones.

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #2,640 of 4,813
Been playing with the new 1.1 tuning kit, it does seem to provide a subtle improvement, most noticeable is the high end seems a bit cleaner and easier to distinguish instrument, definately worth $10.

My preferred setup so far is 1.1 with 1 white tuning pad. Seems to provide a nice warm LCD-2 effect that I prefer with the amp I am currently using, the HA-1 which can be a bit strident if used with "bright" headphones.

Thanks for the feedback, I will order the kit later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back