MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Oct 27, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #991 of 4,813
Any update on the box scenario Dan? If not looking likely for the next couple of days I might just ask for it to ship without the box as others have done.

The box vendor is doubling down on lame.  Without notifying anyone they changed the subcontractor who does the laminate and it smeared.  They are still expecting to get boxes to us at the end of this week.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 27, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #992 of 4,813
Thanks for the update Dan, appreciated.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #993 of 4,813

The box vendor is doubling down on lame.  Without notifying anyone they changed the subcontractor who does the laminate and it smeared.  They are still expecting to get boxes to us at the end of this week.  

Argh. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #995 of 4,813
Oct 27, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #996 of 4,813
Has or does anyone here own a pair of Ether Cs and the new Chord Mojo? If yes, how's the synergy and does it drive them well? I'm debating / contemplating cancelling my Cavalli LC pre-order I have, I just can't make up my mind, I'm driving myself crazy lol. Any advice / help is very much appreciated.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #997 of 4,813
I heard the ETHER C at RMAF 2015 and I would have to say that I thought it to be the best sounding closed headphones I encountered at the show. I was astounded by it's timbrel and textural integrity. I listen mostly to classical, prog rock and Kraut rock and these phones stood out in my long listening sessions, truly an engineering gem IMO!

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #998 of 4,813
Has or does anyone here own a pair of Ether Cs and the new Chord Mojo? If yes, how's the synergy and does it drive them well? I'm debating / contemplating cancelling my Cavalli LC pre-order I have, I just can't make up my mind, I'm driving myself crazy lol. Any advice / help is very much appreciated.

I will soon have the Ether C and Mojo, if you can wait until next week or so I can advise.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #999 of 4,813

If funds allow keep the Carbon order and get the mojo for dac duty. you can still then use the mojo for on the go. I feel the mojo will be a great dac for the carbon as that is a better amp than the mojo. All this will pair extremely well with the Ether or Ether c.

Jim

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #1,000 of 4,813

I heard the Mojo briefly at Tokyo Headphone show and liked it enough that we will have several for future shows.  It had a different sound to it than the Hugo, with a warmer bottom end and more punch.  That said, I didn't get to AB vs the Hugo.  I suspect the Cavalli has more transparency as an amp and the Cavalli has more power, so the Mojo/Cavalli may well be a formidable performance combo.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 27, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,001 of 4,813

Waiting for my ETHER C and have Mojo in hand. I guarantee you the Mojo can drive the C.... and drive it well.

I also have the Liquid Carbon on order and I'm debating using the DAC-19 or the Mojo to feed it. Mojo is pretty impressive in its performance, and even more so given its size and price.

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #1,002 of 4,813
I will soon have the Ether C and Mojo, if you can wait until next week or so I can advise.

Thanks, I've got until Saturday 31st to make up my mind, I'm hoping to try the Mojo out myself next week too. Appreciate the thought / input.

If funds allow keep the Carbon order and get the mojo for dac duty. you can still then use the mojo for on the go. I feel the mojo will be a great dac for the carbon as that is a better amp than the mojo. All this will pair extremely well with the Ether or Ether c.

Jim

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply, this is half the problem the sensible side of me is saying that the £500+ it will cost me by the time the LC has landed could go towards paying for the Ether C and Mojo combo. The other side of me is saying suck it up, you know that the LC will bring out the best in the Ether Cs. Another dilemma is that I don't have the space to keep the LC out, I would be getting it out and putting it away every time I want to use it, the portability of the Mojo really kicks in here.

I heard the Mojo briefly at Tokyo Headphone show and liked it enough that we will have several for future shows.  It had a different sound to it than the Hugo, with a warmer bottom end and more punch.  That said, I didn't get to AB vs the Hugo.  I suspect the Cavalli has more transparency as an amp and the Cavalli has more power, so the Mojo/Cavalli may well be a formidable performance combo.

Wow, thanks for the reply Dan, really appreciate your input, this helps a lot coming from the guy who invented / made these terrific headphones. This makes me want to keep the LC on order.

Waiting for my ETHER C and have Mojo in hand. I guarantee you the Mojo can drive the C.... and drive it well.

I also have the Liquid Carbon on order and I'm debating using the DAC-19 or the Mojo to feed it. Mojo is pretty impressive in its performance, and even more so given its size and price.

Hi Relic, thanks for the reply, I've read your glowing and great review on the Mojo. This & Dan's reply helps reassure me that if i do cancel the LC that the Mojo is man enough for the job.
I'm subscribed to all the LC, Mojo and Ether threads here and keep up to speed with yours and everyone's input / thoughts, I don't post much but I'm always reading.

I've got a few days to think about it, I'll probably drive myself mad lol.

Thanks again to all for your kind feedback.

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #1,004 of 4,813

Just for fun, the grace m9xx on MassDrop might also be a good match with the ether. Too many good options.

Oct 28, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #1,005 of 4,813
Just for fun, the grace m9xx on MassDrop might also be a good match with the ether. Too many good options.

My prediction is that the m9XX will sound amazing with both ETHER and ETHER C.  I'll get to listen to both again in the near future (whenever my friend and I have some free time to meet up).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back