MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Aug 6, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #4,608 of 4,813
This image was posted on the new review of the ether flow... Man when Dan said it was more than just a driver replacement he wasn’t exaggerating.. Looks like he has to replace the whole internal chamber of the cups..

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #4,609 of 4,813
Because I've been thinking of buying the Mojo and am resisting due to iPod Classic cabling issues - and also because there's been no mention of the amp in this thread - I'm finding my (relatively) old-fashioned and unfashionable Violectric v200 amp an exceptionally great match for my new Ether Cs. The headphones are well burned now with about 180 hours, and it is extraordinary how much they have opened up since I first heard them. With the Violectric and coupled with a Fostex HP-P1 DAC I can honestly say that the one thing I had the jitters about - BASS!! - is quite superb. Deep dark beautiful and completely at one with the mids and highs. I used to adore the insane amounts of bass on the Denon D5000s but in this combination the amount is really absolutely ideal. Transparency is also astounding, and continuously revelatory with vast amounts of space.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #4,610 of 4,813
If anyone has a DT770 and 2 black Ether felt pads. You can make the DT770 sound like 500$+ closed headphone (IMO)
Just replace the stock filter of the DT770 with the Ether felt and your done. I'm serious the improvement is HUGE.
Really open and spacious and midrange is now very neutral. 0 treble harshness and the sound is punchy and dynamic.
Found this out maybe 2 weeks ago messing around modding my 770s
Sorry for the offtopic but just felt like people should really try this. :)

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #4,611 of 4,813
  If anyone has a DT770 and 2 black Ether felt pads. You can make the DT770 sound like 500$+ closed headphone (IMO)
Just replace the stock filter of the DT770 with the Ether felt and your done. I'm serious the improvement is HUGE.
Really open and spacious and midrange is now very neutral. 0 treble harshness and the sound is punchy and dynamic.
Found this out maybe 2 weeks ago messing around modding my 770s
Sorry for the offtopic but just felt like people should really try this. :)

Good to know, maybe others can benefits from this.

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #4,612 of 4,813
  This image was posted on the new review of the ether flow... Man when Dan said it was more than just a driver replacement he wasn’t exaggerating.. Looks like he has to replace the whole internal chamber of the cups..

Old version look more solid 
ph34r.gif

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #4,613 of 4,813
Have had my Ether C's for a couple of months now and I'm interested to see if most people will be upgrading? I got the Email and upgrade prices and was trying to weigh in on if it's a worthwhile upgrade. I do love my Ether C's but might need to save my pennies for the Focal Elear's. (which I realize are open cans)
Pardon me if this is a repetitive post...

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #4,614 of 4,813
  Have had my Ether C's for a couple of months now and I'm interested to see if most people will be upgrading? I got the Email and upgrade prices and was trying to weigh in on if it's a worthwhile upgrade. I do love my Ether C's but might need to save my pennies for the Focal Elear's. (which I realize are open cans)

I plan to upgrade my Ether C 1.1 (also have had them for about 2 months at this point) as soon as possible. I ordered (and received last week) the open Ether Flow and they're amazing. Can't wait to see how the improvements translate to the Ether C.

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #4,615 of 4,813

You mention that you got an email and upgrade prices. I got my Ether c's in June and did not receive any email or replies to the email that I sent. Wondering if people received upgrade emails? Perhaps I was overlooked.

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #4,616 of 4,813
You mention that you got an email and upgrade prices. I got my Ether c's in June and did not receive any email or replies to the email that I sent. Wondering if people received upgrade emails? Perhaps I was overlooked.

I can't comment on the email BarDash received but I understand there will be a form posted (somewhere) on the MrSpeakers site in the next couple of days to be used as a "sign up" method for the upgrades. The prices were posted in the Ether Flow announcement thread last week. I don't think receiving an email from MrSpeakers (or not receiving one) has any bearing on the sign up process.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #4,617 of 4,813

I can't comment on the email BarDash received but I understand there will be a form posted (somewhere) on the MrSpeakers site in the next couple of days to be used as a "sign up" method for the upgrades. The prices were posted in the Ether Flow announcement thread last week. I don't think receiving an email from MrSpeakers (or not receiving one) has any bearing on the sign up process.

The email said: "We have extended the upgrade period to the prior 60 days to the announcement."
Basically I was near the "cutoff point" to where I was eligible for an upgrade.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #4,618 of 4,813

The upgrade pricing (I believe) was posted on their website recently but don't see it anymore...

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #4,619 of 4,813

The email said: "We have extended the upgrade period to the prior 60 days to the announcement."

I wonder if that is referring to the "special" pricing portion of the upgrade. The official upgrade announcement and details indicated that all Ether/Ether C owners can upgrade but with special pricing accommodations for folks who purchased very recently.

See the post here

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #4,620 of 4,813

I guess by "eligible for an upgrade" you mean "eligible for a free upgrade" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back