MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Jul 20, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #4,426 of 4,813
  I'm not a bass head. There's bass heavy and then there's outright missing bass.

If you think the bass is that bad, I doubt the Flow will do much for you.  While it does have a bit more mid-bass, it's not a dramatic increase like you'd get with the open Ether or Ether Flow.

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #4,433 of 4,813

Thanks for the suggestion. I do end up doing that on the iBasso into the Mojo jsut annoying to spend money like this, burn them and in and sit back and think - wow.. where are the lows? I guess the Flows will solve this issue...

I'm not a bass head. There's bass heavy and then there's outright missing bass.

It's possible you have a defective Ether C. If you suspect you are getting no bass, try this. Eq the bass way low, then change the bass to way high. If you can hear no difference, you might be having an equipment issue. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #4,434 of 4,813
  I have the Ether Cs and they frustrate me. They have virtually no bass. Is there a tutorial or any tips to squeezing some bass out of these things? I'm using a mojo so the software EQ isn't an option.

Alpha Pads add quite a bit of bass for me.

I had the same problem-virtually no bass, and found out I had a bad cable. So if you have absolutely NO bass, the cable may be the problem. 
  Yes, I'm using the grado 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter . Is there a better adapter to use?

If somebody finds one, please tell me. I use these quite a lot and haven't really found a brand yet with consistent quality. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #4,435 of 4,813

I had the same problem-virtually no bass, and found out I had a bad cable. So if you have absolutely NO bass, the cable may be the problem. 

If somebody finds one, please tell me. I use these quite a lot and haven't really found a brand yet with consistent quality. 

Which Alpha pads, the cowhide I assume?

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #4,436 of 4,813
Jul 20, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #4,438 of 4,813
Is anyone else not really that happy with the DUM cable? I mean it sounds fine and all but it just seems like it doesn’t like to corporate with me. Seems to want to hold its old shape too much.. IDK I put in an order for a Norne Vanquish.. Will probably sell my DUM cable when that comes in next month..

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #4,439 of 4,813

I removed the grado adapter went to another one and switched from the mojo to a JDS Labs C5D into a ALO Audio Continental . The JDS has switch to increase bass through 3 different levels... the bass just sounds flat and if I increase it, it distorts. Bass is there but it's so weak and flat. I tried a ODAC Combo too. just horrendous lows on all the hardware. The highs are painfully loud and needlessly up front. They look cool though.. carbon fiber and what not... sound = atrocious. please don't crucify me. This is just my opinion and I'm trying to figure out a way to squeeze some bass out of hardware that cost me a decent amount. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #4,440 of 4,813
Not the adapter..........the cable. And also Alpha Pads. I've been there. NO bass. Fixed it. Happy camper now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back