MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Jul 20, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #4,411 of 4,813
Omg, I can't wait to hear the Flow, I'm daydreaming about it, hope the upgrades come soon

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #4,416 of 4,813
  I have the Ether Cs and they frustrate me. They have virtually no bass. Is there a tutorial or any tips to squeezing some bass out of these things? I'm using a mojo so the software EQ isn't an option.

Are they burnt in?  They need 100-200 hours for the bass to fill in...

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #4,419 of 4,813
I have the Ether Cs and they frustrate me. They have virtually no bass. Is there a tutorial or any tips to squeezing some bass out of these things? I'm using a mojo so the software EQ isn't an option.
These are not Basshead cans. Most phones and player software have EQ's. If these are new you need burn in before it comes around. Still these are not real bass heavy at all. Most all reviews say that about them. You might not like that and that is fine. I love mine. Your just coming from a different headphone and your brain needs time to adjust. The white tunning pad can help a little but it cuts the detail a bit.

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #4,422 of 4,813
  Thanks for the suggestion. I do end up doing that on the iBasso into the Mojo jsut annoying to spend money like this, burn them and in and sit back and think - wow.. where are the lows? I guess the Flows will solve this issue...

Yeah man was just going to say that you could always wait for the Flow upgrade. I don't know how much more bass they have but it shouldn't be a long wait to find out.

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #4,424 of 4,813
I'm not a bass head. There's bass heavy and then there's outright missing bass.
To each there own. These might not be for you. I add a bit of EQ sometimes but not too often. To me still one of the best closed headphones out there. You disagree that is fine. We all like what we like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back