MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #3,781 of 4,813
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #3,782 of 4,813
I've never heard the spark and I can say my Ether C sounds way better with my Liquid Carbon than the amp I can't buy. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #3,783 of 4,813
I've never heard the spark and I can say my Ether C sounds way better with my Liquid Carbon than the amp I can't buy. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786214/cavalli-audio-presents-pocket-your-portable-naming-contest

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665398/new-cavalli-audio-portable-amp-officially-in-the-works/390

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #3,784 of 4,813
I would like to come and visit and hang with you so that I might hear the mighty Liquid Tungsten. 

You are welcome at my place anytime Matt. I would be very surprised if the LT was available this year, but a person can hope. :).

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #3,785 of 4,813

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786214/cavalli-audio-presents-pocket-your-portable-naming-contest

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665398/new-cavalli-audio-portable-amp-officially-in-the-works/390

Thanks for the links looks like it will be great. I was just trying to paraphrase the old saying: the best camera is the one you have with you.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #3,786 of 4,813
Thanks for the links looks like it will be great. I was just trying to paraphrase the old saying: the best camera is the one you have with you.

It's dangerous when your awareness/experience becomes broader.... The never ending wallet drain! Lol.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #3,788 of 4,813
Apr 28, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #3,790 of 4,813
I apologize in advance if this is a little off topic.  Let me first say that I LOVE the sound signature of my Ether C's.  I have a dilemma in that I have several trips coming up and there is no way in hell that I am going to take them with me.  Is there anything similar???

IEMs:  I certainly can't afford Laylas or Noble K10s.  What would you recommend that would have a similar sound?  Angie's?  Also keep in mind, I can get Shure IEMs for a GREAT price through my job, but I heard that the 846's are boomy.

Headphones: B&O H6, Oppo Pm3...

Thanks a lot for your thoughts,
Eric

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #3,791 of 4,813
I use my Oppo PM-3's for travel and enjoy them for that purpose, sound pretty good, isolate well and are easy to drive. They sound nowhere near as good as the Ether C though, but they are a lot less awkward looking in public if that matters to you.

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #3,792 of 4,813
...I guess my expectation would be that someone notifies you when something you ordered isn't available. I try to be a good customer but this is 2 strikes out of 3 purchases of over $2,100.00. I emailed their support 2 hours ago and told them to send me whatever they have. My order still says "processing" and I have no update as to expected ship date or when the cable I wanted would be avail.  

They do have a phone number. You can reach them immediately. I am a new customer. But I had zero issues. They even called me to tell me they didn't immediately have parts for a 2nd cable I ordered. You gotta remember this is a small company. And they travel to promote their goods. I'd cut them some slack.

Anyway. I thought I would add some more very hi-fi newb impressions. I finally got my Schiit MJ2 and GMB and plugged into a balanced amp for the first time, rather than my PC (which was all I had for my first few Ether weeks). I swapped between my old $100 gaming headphones, and the Ether C, and I mean...damn. It's just pure, unadulterated bliss. My headphone ignorance was just...stupid.

I still have to break in all this equipment. The Ethers have had under 100 hours still. But I'm considering I need to almost restart my hours count now that I am on the power. I just am so looking forward to it getting better and better. And the comfort level is just amazing. It's an all-day headset. The one comment I read about someone hating the feel of the leather is just ridiculous. I don't know how it could feel better.

I want to point out once more that people should really slap a Buttkicker Gamer 2 on their office chair or gaming rig. It supplements the bass wonderfully while you wait for break-in, and it's staying on past that point anyway. A very big add for $150...

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #3,793 of 4,813

I'm in Japan for the Tokyo headphone show but PM me your name and order number and I will check it out.  We've been going through explosive growth this year and keeping up with the cables has actually been the hardest part, especially 2.5mm and 3.5mm, which had a huge surge for some reason (probably good news for AK and Chord...).

Hah. And right after posting I just read what Dan himself wrote in response. And he said exactly what I just said. I was one of those 3.5mm orderers. I very much appreciated the phone call on your lack of parts. And the guy I spoke with was great.

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #3,794 of 4,813
  I apologize in advance if this is a little off topic.  Let me first say that I LOVE the sound signature of my Ether C's.  I have a dilemma in that I have several trips coming up and there is no way in hell that I am going to take them with me.  Is there anything similar???

IEMs:  I certainly can't afford Laylas or Noble K10s.  What would you recommend that would have a similar sound?  Angie's?  Also keep in mind, I can get Shure IEMs for a GREAT price through my job, but I heard that the 846's are boomy.

Eric

With full sized headphones, the pm3 makes a good planar choice. Also consider the Audeze Sine if you can handle an on ear...really nice actually. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #3,795 of 4,813

Eric

Have you considered the MEZE 99 Classics, they are a 300 dollar headphone, that sounds great, easy to drive and are portable. You can also consider the Oppo PM-3 or Audeze Sine ( I have not heard these on the ear planar headphones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back