MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Apr 27, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3,766 of 4,813
  Did they have the Liquid Tungsten at Axpona?

Yes it was at Axpona and I listened to it but didn't really focus on the sound because I was too distracted by the other Cavalli stuff. The Tungsten didn't have a cover so I figured it'd be some time before release and I didn't want to get fired up about it. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #3,768 of 4,813

Yes it was at Axpona and I listened to it but didn't really focus on the sound because I was too distracted by the other Cavalli stuff. The Tungsten didn't have a cover so I figured it'd be some time before release and I didn't want to get fired up about it. 

One of the best amps I've heard. I thought Dan's WA 5 was good I would put this just past it.

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #3,769 of 4,813
The Spark just lights up my Qp1r and Ether-C's.Can't wait.

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #3,770 of 4,813
I just took the plunge on the ALO CDM to use with my DP-X1.

Especially since the Ether C sounds so good on my desktop tube gear, that's why I think I purchased it over something like the Mojo.

Being a tube enthusiast I just couldn't resist. Have high hopes for this portable source/dac/amp portable rig.

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #3,771 of 4,813
  The Spark just lights up my Qp1r and Ether-C's.Can't wait.

Honestly not surprised. Everything Cavalli designs is awesome.

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #3,772 of 4,813
3rd purchase from Mr. Speakers. I watch the videos and Dan seems like such a great guy but for me the experience for purchasing has been frustrating. $300.00+ plus for headphones is expensive for me. $1500.00+ stings for me. I have to sit and make calculated choices. The first pair of mad dogs I ordered were louder on one side so I sent a few emails back and forth it was basically " I was crazy" run around type responses. Luckily, I found someone that wanted to buy them off of me to further mod them and they didn't seem to care about the issue so it wasn't that big of a deal. I used that money to buy a replacement pair and that second pair was balanced and  fine.Luckily, I was able to solve that issue on my own. Now I ordered the Ether Cs 5 days ago. When I ordered there was no indication on the website or via an email that the cable I chose was "unavail"  so there I sat checking daily for a tracking number but ... "processing" was my status. In the meantime all the other new gear I ordered arrived from Chord, ALO and JDS (AMAZING SUPPORT by the way at JDS) so today I asked for an update and I was told there was a back order on the cable and I specifically asked how long it would be until the parts were avail. I received no answer around the expected ship date and on the second request for an expected ship date I was told "someone would call the supplier" So here I sit, Trying to be a good happy, patient customer. I don't want to upset people but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an update after 5 days of waiting. Again, 1500+ for headphones for me is a big deal. I'm using my bonus money for the year and I literally worked all year for this. It's so disappointing sitting here looking at the rest of the hardware I bought without the headphones. I guess my expectation would be that someone notifies you when something you ordered isn't available. I try to be a good customer but this is 2 strikes out of 3 purchases of over $2,100.00. I emailed their support 2 hours ago and told them to send me whatever they have. My order still says "processing" and I have no update as to expected ship date or when the cable I wanted would be avail.  

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #3,773 of 4,813
  3rd purchase from Mr. Speakers. I watch the videos and Dan seems like such a great guy but for me the experience for purchasing has been frustrating. $300.00+ plus for headphones is expensive for me. $1500.00+ stings for me. I have to sit and make calculated choices. The first pair of mad dogs I ordered were louder on one side so I sent a few emails back and forth it was basically " I was crazy" run around type responses. Luckily, I found someone that wanted to buy them off of me to further mod them and they didn't seem to care about the issue so it wasn't that big of a deal. I used that money to buy a replacement pair and that second pair was balanced and  fine.Luckily, I was able to solve that issue on my own. Now I ordered the Ether Cs 5 days ago. When I ordered there was no indication on the website or via an email that the cable I chose was "unavail"  so there I sat checking daily for a tracking number but ... "processing" was my status. In the meantime all the other new gear I ordered arrived from Chord and JDS (AMAZING SUPPORT by the way at JDS) so today I asked for an update and I was told there was a back order on the cable and I specifically asked how long it would be until the parts were avail. I received no answer around the expected ship date and on the second request for an expected ship date I was told "someone would call the supplier" So here I sit, Trying to be a good happy, patient customer. I don't want to upset people but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an update after 5 days of waiting. Again, 1500+ for headphones for me is a big deal. I'm using my bonus money for the year and I literally worked all year for this. It's so disappointing sitting here looking at the rest of the hardware I bought without the headphones. I guess my expectation would be that someone notifies you when something you ordered isn't available. I try to be a good customer but this is 2 strikes out of 3 purchases of over $2,100.00. I emailed their support 2 hours ago and told them to send me whatever they have. My order still says "processing" and I have no update as to expected ship date or when the cable I wanted would be avail.  

You could always try buying from one of MrSpeakers' authorized dealers. That's what I did, mainly to avoid California sales tax, but the experience was really good. MrSpeakers is both a manufacturer and a retailer, so perhaps their attention is divided.

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #3,774 of 4,813
Apr 27, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #3,775 of 4,813
  3rd purchase from Mr. Speakers. I watch the videos and Dan seems like such a great guy but for me the experience for purchasing has been frustrating. $300.00+ plus for headphones is expensive for me. $1500.00+ stings for me. I have to sit and make calculated choices. The first pair of mad dogs I ordered were louder on one side so I sent a few emails back and forth it was basically " I was crazy" run around type responses. Luckily, I found someone that wanted to buy them off of me to further mod them and they didn't seem to care about the issue so it wasn't that big of a deal. I used that money to buy a replacement pair and that second pair was balanced and  fine.Luckily, I was able to solve that issue on my own. Now I ordered the Ether Cs 5 days ago. When I ordered there was no indication on the website or via an email that the cable I chose was "unavail"  so there I sat checking daily for a tracking number but ... "processing" was my status. In the meantime all the other new gear I ordered arrived from Chord, ALO and JDS (AMAZING SUPPORT by the way at JDS) so today I asked for an update and I was told there was a back order on the cable and I specifically asked how long it would be until the parts were avail. I received no answer around the expected ship date and on the second request for an expected ship date I was told "someone would call the supplier" So here I sit, Trying to be a good happy, patient customer. I don't want to upset people but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an update after 5 days of waiting. Again, 1500+ for headphones for me is a big deal. I'm using my bonus money for the year and I literally worked all year for this. It's so disappointing sitting here looking at the rest of the hardware I bought without the headphones. I guess my expectation would be that someone notifies you when something you ordered isn't available. I try to be a good customer but this is 2 strikes out of 3 purchases of over $2,100.00. I emailed their support 2 hours ago and told them to send me whatever they have. My order still says "processing" and I have no update as to expected ship date or when the cable I wanted would be avail.  

What cable did you order, just curious. I have been hugely impressed with the customer service from Dan and the team on every order. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #3,776 of 4,813

I won't to presume to talk for MR. Speakers but I have nothing but good dealings with them. If what you ordered was said to be in stock and it is not then that would be a problem. If it was said to be backordered then a wait would be expected. This is not a big company and have to really on suppliers for parts. Dan is a stand up guy I'm sure he will make it right.

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #3,778 of 4,813
Apr 27, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #3,779 of 4,813

I'm in Japan for the Tokyo headphone show but PM me your name and order number and I will check it out.  We've been going through explosive growth this year and keeping up with the cables has actually been the hardest part, especially 2.5mm and 3.5mm, which had a huge surge for some reason (probably good news for AK and Chord...).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #3,780 of 4,813

Users who are viewing this thread

Back