MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Dec 28, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #1,891 of 4,813
Yup, confirmed on Facebook......

https://www.facebook.com/CavalliAudio/?fref=nf

Apologies for the off topic. :xf_eek:

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #1,892 of 4,813
Boo.... I didn't win the contest then......

I'm loving the ETHER C with the Carbon so it's probably a sure bet I'll love them with the *Spark*(?).

Having heard that combo recently at RMAF, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.  That little portable doesn't sound like a portable...

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #1,893 of 4,813
[COLOR=B22222]Not to argue, but in my opinion the ETHER C is nothing compared to walking around with the HE1000 in public. I walked around with it at the 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica, and if I could record the looks I got, it would have made for a good laugh. .........actually it wasn't that bad.

For reference, walking around with the pre production ETHER C (re-tuned to up-to-date production specifications) garnered zero odd looks when I was out and about with it.[/COLOR]

If you were walking around with the HEK as a goof then OK i suppose but in what universe would or could somebody walk around outside with a 3K open headphone that leaks as much sound as it does and provides absolutely no isolation?.....

Goof? There is no need for name-calling and/or stating/insinuating.

There are more people than you think who would and has walked around with the HE1000 out and about. Even wearing and listening to it on a plane was a lovely experience (if you are interested, you can read about it in the QP1R review thread for reference [link is currently in my signature and profile]).

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,894 of 4,813

My Beats 1.0 leak sound worse than an HE 1000 any day of the week!

Ether C leaks almost no sound by comparison. For traveling it's tough to beat

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #1,895 of 4,813
Goof? There is no need for name-calling and/or stating/insinuating.

There are more people than you think who would and has walked around with the HE1000 out and about. Even wearing and listening to it on a plane was a lovely experience (if you are interested, you can read about it in the QP1R review thread for reference [link is currently in my signature and profile]).

I don't think he meant it like that.  Doing something "as a goof" just means like doing it for entertainment, not seriously, for ****s and giggles.

I mean I kinda agree that I personally wouldn't take the HE-1000 out and about because it leaks too much noise and it's too expensive.  But who am I to judge if someone else wants to?  lol  

Fortunately for people like me, the Ether C is half the price and sounds pretty good with comparatively no leakage.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,896 of 4,813
I don't think he meant it like that.  Doing something "as a goof" just means like doing it for entertainment, not seriously, for ****s and giggles.

I mean I kinda agree that I personally wouldn't take the HE-1000 out and about because it leaks too much noise and it's too expensive.  But who am I to judge if someone else wants to?  lol  

Fortunately for people like me, the Ether C is half the price and sounds pretty good with comparatively no leakage.

Fair enough. For the record, I didn't want to do it as a "goof", "doing it for entertainment, not seriously, for ****s and giggles", I did it simply because I wanted to listen to high quality music when I was out and about. The HE1000 and the QP1R is a blissful combination, even when walking around with it on in public. As for the expense of it, there isn't anyway it's going to get messed up, it wasn't raining and the HE1000 isn't bumping into anyone or any objects. The ETHER C and HE1000 are both headphones I don't mind being out and about with, sound leakage or otherwise, and like being out and about with the TH-X00 as well - even though the long cable is getting changed to a much shorter, portable-friendly/walking out and about length.

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #1,898 of 4,813
  Lotoo Paw Gold 500 mW-32 Ohm

Have you heard the two and compared? Because everyone is saying with the QP1R it's not a simple matter of mw-ohms

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #1,899 of 4,813
Ibasso DX80 does a pretty good job IMO.  Volume goes to 150, I listen from 100 to 125 so it has plenty of power.  I only have a ipod classic to compare to so I can't say anything.  That said, it does everything better than the ipod classic as far as sound quality goes.  UI is just O.K. and then there are a few bugs some people are getting.

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #1,900 of 4,813
No open-back headphone on walkabout for me. It's not a question whether I can wear it or not. It's about being considerate with the people around me. From where I live, most people will just ignore me, but there will be someone who will be annoyed by the sound leaking on my headphone.

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #1,901 of 4,813
  No open-back headphone on walkabout for me. It's not a question whether I can wear it or not. It's about being considerate with the people around me. From where I live, most people will just ignore me, but there will be someone who will be annoyed by the sound leaking on my headphone.

Agreed.  The residual frequencies that reach me from people`s headphones and iIEMs are extremely irritating.  I only use closed headphones in public and wish everyone else would, too.  

Will this Ether C replace my B&O H6 (which replaced my T5p) ?

I wish the Ether wasn`t so freaking expensive here in Japan - well over $2K USD; double what I paid for my HD800 . .  

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,902 of 4,813

Agreed.  The residual frequencies that reach me from people`s headphones and iIEMs are extremely irritating.  I only use closed headphones in public and wish everyone else would, too.  

Will this Ether C replace my B&O H6 (which replaced my T5p) ?

I wish the Ether wasn`t so freaking expensive here in Japan - well over $2K USD; double what I paid for my HD800 . .  

I got C to replace my T51p as my road warrior. Big difference in experience. However, still not on par with HD800 for my taste. I hope Sennheiser and other headphone makers, follow Mr. Speakers and Beyerdynamic's lead. Release a closed-back version of their flagship headphone.

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #1,903 of 4,813
Personally I take my surroundings into consideration when wearing the HE1000 around. The sound that emits is rarely louder than outside ambient noise (the environment, people talking, talking on the phone, screaming, etcetera). When I was on the plane I made extra consideration to not bother those that were near me. When the plane was stopped and the engine wasn't running, I used my SE846 (before my seat neighbor accidentally broke my Silver Litz connector jack) and my Legend Omega CIEMs to specifically not bother those around me. Durning the flight though, all was good since the noise of the plane's engine more than drowned out any residual music that was emitting from my headphone.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #1,904 of 4,813
Personally I take my surroundings into consideration when wearing the HE1000 around. The sound that emits is rarely louder than outside ambient noise (the environment, people talking, talking on the phone, screaming, etcetera). When I was on the plane I made extra consideration to not bother those that were near me. When the plane was stopped and the engine wasn't running, I used my SE846 (before my seat neighbor accidentally broke my Silver Litz connector jack) and my Legend Omega CIEMs to specifically not bother those around me. Durning the fight though, all was good since the noise of the plane's engine more than drowned out any residual music that was emitting from my headphone.

Doesn't that make your listening experience take a hit? Not only that you have to limit the volume you are listening with, you are also hearing external noise together with the music? 

IME, I find the engine of the bus on my commute loud enough that I have to crank the volume a click or 2 than my normal listening level with C just to drown the noise and get to a listening experience I want.

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #1,905 of 4,813
Doesn't that make your listening experience take a hit? Not only that you have to limit the volume you are listening with, you are also hearing external noise together with the music? 

IME, I find the engine of the bus on my commute loud enough that I have to crank the volume a click or 2 than my normal listening level with C just to drown the noise and get to a listening experience I want.

Not really to me. It actually makes me more aware of my surroundings listening with the open back. It's really based on my mood. If I want supreme isolation that consumer headphones and most IEMs can not deliver, I go straight to my SE846 and Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves. Blocks out and isolates just about all external noise to a very high degree. If you want to get freaked out, run through a park at night (I run to workout/cut weight sometimes) with the SE846 + SCS and listen to anything that has instruments/sounds placed all over the "listening space". "Whoa, is there someone behind me?" - I quickly look and it's just the music and the SCS presenting itself in a very good - albeit slightly scary - manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back