MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Aug 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #152 of 9,071
Yes, payment processes immediately. We will monitor the backlog to make sure we can fulfill orders in a reasonable time, at which point we will switch to a wait list, if that is needed. As we get closer to ship date I will post eta for shipments based on the week ordered.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #153 of 9,071
Heard this at CAS4 this morning... and I largely concur with Judes impressions from the video. Something amazing, various listeners compared parts of its presentation favorably vs that of the Abyss a few tables over.

Ohmahgerd! Hope you can chime in with more detailed impressions later W :D

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #155 of 9,071
I'm very curious to how the sound can be so different to the ooriginal Fostex when the drivers are the same.

Is it really worth the 500 dollars difference. Man, I wish I can audition them!

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #156 of 9,071
Dan, you the man. Wondering how many order have been placed considering this thread is blowing up.
Curious, as I'm sure it isn't a trade secret, but does the alpha dog still have internal damping or could you achieve the sound you wanted with the printed ear cups alone?

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #158 of 9,071
I like my maddogs, but I'm a little concerned with the longevity of printed materials compared to conventional materials for a mass produced product. I wonder if Mr Speakers would be willing to provide any information on the materials he's using. Company he's buying from, mechanical properties such as modulus of elasticity, shear strength, cylicial stress test data, etc...chemical properties, ability to withstand uv exposure....all that good stuff.

Also test data of how many cycles of the bass setscrew can be expected before the threads wear, strip, or cross-thread. I believe in the video the set screw was metallic. I'd think it should be some sort of nylon setscrew to prevent the screw from tearing up the cup's threads. Just my 2 cents.

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #159 of 9,071
Sorry, no we won't provide that info. What I shared earlier is as much as we can disclose. Much work goes into selecting the right material so this process produces quality durable product. You need the right printers, the right plastic and the right post-print processing. This took a lot of work for us to get right...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #160 of 9,071
I believe he stated that in a single long-term stress test the stock fostex headband gimble gave out before the earcups. He's using a strong industrial plastic

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #162 of 9,071
We are offering only the metallic claret. I know there are millions of nice colors, but in order to produce a quality product at a reasonable price we don't want to get into death by options.

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #164 of 9,071
Quote:

What do you mean ? Because considering your own graphs about the paradox it would be hard to make a more neutral headphone

Not really. The Paradox actually is recessed in the upper mids and graphs show it. (dip in 3K region)
That was the main difference I heard between my Paradox and HD800 which is more neutral in that area.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #165 of 9,071
Interested. Looking forward to what you have conjured up Dan. Any chance we can see a demo or loaner up here in the Pacific NW brotha?

If there is an upcoming meet and I can make it I will be there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back