MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #466 of 2,583
at the moment i'm using 2notch filters. i like them very much.. i didn't like aeon closed, even with the filters. with this i don't miss lcd2 and hd650 so much.. very warm, nice soundstage, i like instruments separation. the only problem is that in europe we pay 900euros.... i paid 970 shipping and fees included... for 800 us dollars (670euros) it would be the best headphone in the price range and above.. at970... well there are more competitors....

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #470 of 2,583
at the moment i'm using 2notch filters. i like them very much.. i didn't like aeon closed, even with the filters. with this i don't miss lcd2 and hd650 so much.. very warm, nice soundstage, i like instruments separation. the only problem is that in europe we pay 900euros.... i paid 970 shipping and fees included... for 800 us dollars (670euros) it would be the best headphone in the price range and above.. at970... well there are more competitors....

I feel your pain ... same with the Schiit items I bought. Dealer margin, customs, VAT and shipping does make it expensive for imported goods. We can always buy it direct and deal with the import issues ourselves.

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #471 of 2,583
I feel your pain ... same with the Schiit items I bought. Dealer margin, customs, VAT and shipping does make it expensive for imported goods. We can always buy it direct and deal with the import issues ourselves.

yes i know.. but what about the warranty.... if something goes south i don't want to ship back to the us.... in italy it costs about 65euros!!!!!!

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #472 of 2,583
Paid €185 for the Aeon Flow Closed back then and €186 this time for the Aeon Flow Open. At least it's cheaper with FedEx than if it was the Belgian post office handling or other method. I was expecting +/-€225. But I learned my lesson, I'm no longer gonna directly buy or preorder from MrSpeakers.com but instead wait for the local dealer to get it so I can demo and buy cheaper.

Found out about the existence of a local dealer here in Brussels only adryer I had already ordered the AFO. "Pink Noise" shop, 30min from me

Live and learn :wink:

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #473 of 2,583
ok i'll let them burn in some time. personally i don't believe in burn in but now i hope that is a real thing!!! asd

I could wallpaper my office with "I don't believe in burn-in" followed by "Hey, these burned in" messages and emails. Just saying.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 16, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #474 of 2,583
I could wallpaper my office with "I don't believe in burn-in" followed by "Hey, these burned in" messages and emails. Just saying.
I guess it depends on the size of your office walls :wink:

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #475 of 2,583
yes i know.. but what about the warranty.... if something goes south i don't want to ship back to the us.... in italy it costs about 65euros!!!!!!

Warranty issues are pretty rare. Outside the first batch where we brought some back the failure rate on AEON seems so far consistent with ETHER, which is less than 0.5%, maybe closer to 0.25%. The headphones are very reliable.

Our general policy is that if a headphone has been received and is less than 30 days old we pay shipping both ways to give global owners some comfort that there's not a big risk here, especially since the few problems we have are usually when the headphone is new.

ALSO: XLR will be available for AEON starting tonight.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #476 of 2,583
Here is my review of the Aeon Flow Open. Really good headphones!
3fRQKKX.png

http://earphiles.org/2017/11/mr-speakers-aeon-flow-open-review/

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #477 of 2,583
Nov 16, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #478 of 2,583
Thank you for the comprehensive review. I am debating between these and the upcoming LCD2 Classic for my next headphone purchase.

+1

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #480 of 2,583
I've been listening to a lot of Hiromi and Snarky Puppy with the AFOs. I've seen Hiromi live a number of times, and am thrilled with the way the AFO sounds on her recordings - has the same textures and space as the live sound. I can hear a lot of detail particularly with Simon Phillips' drum crosstalk and resonance.

love Hiromi.. especially her work with Michael Bishop and Telarc. Those SACD's recorded in DSD and mixed via analog sound quite good. (not really a fan of that editing flow, but the sound speaks for itself)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back