MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #1,982 of 2,583
The Magni is a fine amp, but I didn't enjoy it paired with the AFO. It felt like like a hammer hitting me over the head. Powerful, sure, but lacking nuance and realism.

It was a much better pairing with the 650s.

Regardless, I prefer the Vali 2 (with upgraded tube) for both the 650 and the AFO.

I sold my Magni to a friend who kept it for about a week before selling it himself.

The problem with the Magni 3 is excessive dynamic compression due to excessive input volume/voltage. You can effectively recreate the Loudness Wars with any source at all...

I sent mine back to Schiit. Please see below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7xbzy7/gentlemen_and_ladies_allow_me_to_present_some/

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #1,983 of 2,583
I second @g3n3r1c comment above. I.made the test described in the link with several of my headphones and it does have that issue. If you're using it, make sure to adjust the input volume.

Anyway, the lyr2, lyr3 and Vali2 are better options with the AFO

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #1,986 of 2,583
Just a fun fact but as of yesterday we now have customers in 70 countries!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 19, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #1,987 of 2,583
Congratulations!
I wish you many more successful products in the future.

Aug 19, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #1,989 of 2,583

Very cool glad to hear business is good, is mrspeakers going to have any more offerings in say the sub 1200. range just curious really enjoying my AFO's..

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #1,990 of 2,583
Very cool glad to hear business is good, is mrspeakers going to have any more offerings in say the sub 1200. range just curious really enjoying my AFO's..

Alas, being an ex-Apple employee I'm quite the believer in not saying anything at all about future products. :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #1,991 of 2,583
Just picked up a set of these. Very nice fit and finish and vastly superior comfort to last headphones I had (LCD-3s with the old style headband.) Very interesting personality with a little warmth. I debated on whether to try these of the Ether Flow Open. I think I went with the right headphone (for me.)

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #1,992 of 2,583
Just took delivery of a Lyr 3 (Multibit) upgrading from a Cayin C5 and oh my word...

Not sure if comparing the Lyr with a Cayin is comparing apples and pears but take the Cayin, add some anabolic steroids, put it on a glucose drip, throw on an oxygen mask... you get the drift - all this with the stock tube and only an hour in - with the burn-in, and then the Tung Sol, and maybe some Ken Rads still to come...

Such goodness.

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #1,993 of 2,583
A customer named Craig sent this to our inbox, I asked if he wouldn't mind letting me post it, as i was worth a chuckle!

---------

My wife is NOT happy. She's threatening to leave me.
"All you talk about is Aeon this Aeon that! What about me? What about my needs?"
"If you love Aeon so much, why don't you go marry her!"

Seriously though, I bought a new setup to replace my budget level HifiMan HE400i and JDS Labs O2+ODAC.
Now I'm rocking out with a Modi Multibit, Burson Soloist MK2, and Aeon Open with a Blue Dragon to top it off. (This is after exchanging numerous products to find the right sound for me.)
I auditioned the Audeze LCD-2 and 3 for 30days each. Those were good cans. But ultimately both returned and exchanged for the Aeon Open. Let me say, simply, I am impressed by MrSpeakers.
These headphones provide SUPREME comfort for someone wearing glasses like myself, and I don't find the pad sealing to be an issue.
This headphone is EXACTLY what my ears were listening out for. The sound signature is pure bliss.
I didn't think I would even mess with any tuning pads, but found myself using the black foam inserts for certain recordings to a great effect without diminishing the quality in a negative manner.
MrSpeakers, you have outdone your self for this price point, in all aspects of what makes a headphone great.
I'm considering buying a pair of Aeon Closed later on.

Many thanks!

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,994 of 2,583
A customer named Craig sent this to our inbox, I asked if he wouldn't mind letting me post it, as i was worth a chuckle!

---------

"All you talk about is Aeon this Aeon that! What about me? What about my needs?"

Seriously though, I bought a new setup to replace my budget level HifiMan HE400i and JDS Labs O2+ODAC.
Now I'm rocking out with a Modi Multibit, Burson Soloist MK2, and Aeon Open with a Blue Dragon to top it off. (This is after exchanging numerous products to find the right sound for me.)
I auditioned the Audeze LCD-2 and 3 for 30days each. Those were good cans. But ultimately both returned and exchanged for the Aeon Open. Let me say, simply, I am impressed by MrSpeakers.
These headphones provide SUPREME comfort for someone wearing glasses like myself, and I don't find the pad sealing to be an issue.
This headphone is EXACTLY what my ears were listening out for. The sound signature is pure bliss.
I didn't think I would even mess with any tuning pads, but found myself using the black foam inserts for certain recordings to a great effect without diminishing the quality in a negative manner.
MrSpeakers, you have outdone your self for this price point, in all aspects of what makes a headphone great.

Many thanks!

Great story! Craig, if you're reading this I would encourage you to get the Aeon Flow Closed as well. They are both great headphones, and different enough that owning both makes good sense. I started with the Closed and got the Open later and I am very happy with both.

Aug 30, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,995 of 2,583

---------

Many thanks!
So nice to hear back from happy customers. It’s the best!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back