Mr Speakers Ether
Aug 13, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #406 of 456
  I know this has been answered already, but seeing how the carbon has been delayed i'm in need of a 4-pin xlr to 3.5mm cable, and I'm bad at the internet. any help with a cheap adapter?

There are various cable makers who are loved around Head-Fi as well as no-name makers on eBay and Amazon. It all depends on what you consider cheap and what quality you want.

Aug 13, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #407 of 456
Well the more I think about it, the more I realize I may want to use it in the future for portable use, So I may as well get something that won't inhibit the headphones and the DUM cable I already stretched for. So I guess I'll hear some recommendations and see what people like. 

Thanks.

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #408 of 456
We had a ton of distributor and reseller orders in the queue this week (their turn in the queue), but next week we'll be blazing through orders and I expect that all July orders will be shipped by week's end.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 13, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #409 of 456
  Well the more I think about it, the more I realize I may want to use it in the future for portable use, So I may as well get something that won't inhibit the headphones and the DUM cable I already stretched for. So I guess I'll hear some recommendations and see what people like. 

Thanks.

Ted at Headphone Lounge does great work and so does Alex at WyWires. Both highly recommended and great to work with.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #413 of 456
I use my Ragnarock/ Yggdrasil to listen to my ETHER, and the Ether sings like a muse of fire.

But... Every good headphone+ sounds excellent through a good R2R DAC! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #414 of 456
Aug 14, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #417 of 456

Think you guys are going to be waiting for a long time. And, if anyone did sell their ETHER, there's really not much reason to sell it for substantially less than retail. 

Yeah, that's likely the case. I still want to audition the HE-1000 and the Dhrama before I plunk down the cash for my first summit fi phone, so I can wait :p

Aug 14, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #418 of 456
Well I've seen two HE-1000's already for sale for roughly $400-500 less than the posted $2999 price so I'd guess you'll see Ether's soon.  Simply a matter of not every headphone for everyone. 

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #419 of 456
reddog, the literary monarch:

Lol I had no idea I was remotely quoting the master bard of England. I am a lazy literary bum lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back