Mr. No Credibility checking in....
Nov 21, 2008 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Sanderman

100+ Head-Fier
Yep, it's just me. 8 posts to my name on the board (9 including this one!) just posting to bolster my flagging and distrusted credibility. You see, it goes something like this. I noticed a post recently about a demo product floating around that I have long standing interest in. So of course, I reached to the company (who I will not name) and inquired about the prospect for a home evaluation secured by a credit card to protect the innocent.

Imagine my surprise when I was told I didn't have enough posts to justify taking the risk. After all, I could be a poser. A scam artist trying to make off with someone's precious product with no street cred.

So in the interest of salvaging my nonexistent reputation I post this pic. My humble headphone rig. Who knows? If I post it enough times maybe I will be retrieved from unknown board newbie purgatory and be granted the credibility to hear things for myself before I buy them like the other children.....

_MG_1310.jpg

We'll see....

Joe

Nov 21, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 32

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
Meh. Not impressed.

wink.gif

I recognize a few things there - you have good taste! Why don't you spend a little more time here? For one, I'd like to see your input on gear.

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #8 of 32

jbusuego

500+ Head-Fier
I wonder what could it be? with all the gear that you have, is there still that you haven't heard that would top your gear
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #9 of 32

HeadphoneAddict

Headphoneus Supremus
Where are all the clowns asking, "how do we know that is your rig if you don't have a paper in the photo with your name on it"?

I wont ask that, because I am a trusting person.
tongue.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #10 of 32
Hmm, floor-standing headphone holder...I think my wife would divorce me by that stage...

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #11 of 32

Coop47

100+ Head-Fier
Maybe this justifies the vendor's concerns. Perhaps this just proves that you're a very accomplished scam artist who has been able to make off with many precious products?

Just kidding. I'm with jbusuego: what's left to hear?

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #12 of 32

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
You have nice gear and that's great, you're obviously into the hobby. But I'm quite surprised that you would be so surprised that a vendor would be hesitant to send out equipment on a trial basis to an unknown person. That seems like a natural response to me.

You seem to be condemning those who do post at places like this. I don't get it.

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #13 of 32

Sanderman

100+ Head-Fier
Not at all. I just don't get a vendor who can't see their way to allow me to do a fully secured evaluation when he sends things unsecured to people who post here frequently. This, while he sends me an email saying he can't trust me because I don't post enough.

Last time I checked products are bought with money - not posts.

Joe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have nice gear and that's great, you're obviously into the hobby. But I'm quite surprised that you would be so surprised that a vendor would be hesitant to send out equipment on a trial basis to an unknown person. That seems like a natural response to me.

You seem to be condemning those who do post at places like this. I don't get it.

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #15 of 32

vcoheda

High-End Forum Volunteer
that's why it helps to become a part of the community. you have a fair deal of gear. where have you been? i'm sure you could contribute some insights.

Users who are viewing this thread