MPTC vs MPTC w/ control talk
Sep 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

buffalowings

Went way too far, too many times.
I called onecall.com today asking for the lowest possible pricing on the monster pro turbine coppers and the sales representative gave me two choices, the standard pro turbine coppers for $220 vs $290 for the MPTC's with controltalk, IMO, this is quite a drastic price difference for a remote and mic, what'd u guys think? would you for the standard ones or the ones equipped with the controltalk feature

James

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
I called onecall.com today asking for the lowest possible pricing on the monster pro turbine coppers and the sales representative gave me two choices, the standard pro turbine coppers for $220 vs $290 for the MPTC's with controltalk, IMO, this is quite a drastic price difference for a remote and mic, what'd u guys think? would you for the standard ones or the ones equipped with the controltalk feature

James

$220 is the sweet spot when it comes to price for the coppers. You've got Monster's warranty when you buy new MTPCus from onecall, so it just comes down to: Are you really going to be listening mostly to music on an iphone (or the like) and use the control talk feature quite a bit? Or, do you mostly keep your iphone for phone/data and a dedicated dap for music?

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 9
well...if I were to buy the MPTC's...I would use them with my Ipod classic...I guess you just helped me answer my own question...

James

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 9
also, does anybody get tired of the MSRP versus actual street price cr@p? not everybody is going to call or send a email asking for the lower and actual price, and some people might actually buy them for the price displayed on the website. guess it's all in the hands of "the man" I mean, it's frustrating to have to call/email/txt or whatever because you aren't sure it's the lowest possible price

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 9
and also, I honestly believe they would make more money if they just displayed the actual price, a lot of people would be instantly scared off if they saw the MSRP and that is exactly what they see

nuff ranting

James

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
well...if I were to buy the MPTC's...I would use them with my Ipod classic...I guess you just helped me answer my own question...

James

That's my role here. I'm on a mission from God.

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
also, does anybody get tired of the MSRP versus actual street price cr@p? not everybody is going to call or send a email asking for the lower and actual price, and some people might actually buy them for the price displayed on the website. guess it's all in the hands of "the man" I mean, it's frustrating to have to call/email/txt or whatever because you aren't sure it's the lowest possible price

There's a lot that goes into it. But, yes, from the side of the consumer, it's annoying to pay more than a product can go for.

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:

That's my role here, given to me by God.

if we were based on our avatars, I'll be a freakish bunny animated from clay and you'll be a cat...so how can you be god when you're clearly a cat...though most of us on head-fi would be a pair of headphones

Sep 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
if we were based on our avatars, I'll be a freakish bunny animated from clay and you'll be a cat...so how can you be god when you're clearly a cat...though most of us on head-fi would be a pair of headphones

Cats believe that God is a cat. They believe this is natural and self-evident. Ask a cat, they will tell you this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back