Moving on to KOSS Porta Pro - How much modding do these need?
Jun 9, 2010 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

webspider

New Head-Fier
As some of you have seen in this thread, my first real headphones had a cable defect, so I broke them and put them on YouTube as a warning towards everyone who wants to buy Skullcandy products. After that, I went to a big electronics store and tried the various cans that were there (some Sennheiser stuff, Beats by Dr. Dre, other cheapish phones, ...) and wasn't really happy about the sound. At the end I've treid the KOSS Porta Pro, because they looked rather instable and weird. But the bass and the comfort were overwhelming, so I've searched the web and found out that these ones are the best portable headphones in their price range.

I went to an local dealer and got the 25th Anniversary Edition for 40€. in another store I've buyed some fabric dye and Sennheiser HD 414 pads, cut them, dyed them and put them on the Porta Pro.

Here are some pictures for you:

unmodded

With the unmodded pads on.

With the cutted and tinted pads on.

The comfort has improved even more, the bass is a bit laid back, but there's still enough for me. Equalized they sound great for me, but I've heard about quarter mods, kramer mods and recabling, which would also improve the mids and highs. Now my question is, does it make sense to mod them even further or just stay with them and only use equalizing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back