Movies that you know are terrible but love anyways
Sep 29, 2004 at 2:58 PM Post #46 of 56
Whoever said that The Big Lebowski should be on this list I must say has a poor taste in movies, it definitely rates in my top 5 and I am proud to say it is. The Coen Brothers are geniuses...anyway High School High with Jon Lovitz, You Got served, Orgazmo (this is not considered a ****, it was released LMAO), Con Air (even though it had some decent actors: Cage, Malkovich, etc) and that Van Helsing. Wow did those movies stink.

Isaiah

Sep 29, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbirkett
Most people I speak to think its terrible but I think its class: Natural Born Killers
smily_headphones1.gif

Natural Born Killers is one of my all time favorites. It's got some pretty funny moments.
Demolition Man is another good movie that seems to be passed off as a bad flick.
I still like A Boy and His Dog. That was a bad movie.

Sep 29, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
How could I forget that Arnold classic "Commando"? Guilty as charged
tongue.gif

YES.

That movie is so terrible it's really entertaining. Due in part to the hilarious one liners that Auhnold imparts on us throughout the flick:

"You're a funny man, that's why I'm going to kill you last"

Auhnold: "Remember when I promised to kill you last?"
Guy: "Yes, you did"
Auhnold: "I lied" *BAM*

*after dropping a guy off of a cliff*
"What happened to sully?"
Auhnold "I had to let him go"

After bashing a guys head into a steam pipe: "Let off some steam... BENNET!"

"Leave anything for us?"
"Just bodies."

Kidnapper: "OK we have your daughter, she wants to talk to you. If you want to see her alive, you'll cooperate, right?"
Auhnold: "WRONG!" *shoots the guy in the face*

As you can tell, I've seen this movie way too many times. Everytime we have a party and it winds down, my roomate always has to throw this in for drunken hilarity and quoting of lines.

Another great flick is Story of Ricky. If you have not seen this, it's about the funniest movie on the planet. You will not stop laughing at it, I garuntee it.

Sep 29, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #49 of 56
Cruel Intentions 2 : Absoulete garbage and the "twist" is, just, err, ridiculous.
biggrin.gif
However that doesn't stop it from being such campy fun, mcuh more so than the first one.

American Ninja : nothing can stop the great white ninja!

Oh and I forgot to add "drive" with Mark Dacascos (you can guess which ethnicity he belongs to) as a chinese dude. The movie I guess isn't THAT bad, but the inclusion of the quote "It's my favorite cheese-eatin' d!$&-monkey" just takes to another level in terms of campiness.

Sep 30, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #51 of 56
Oh I've got one: Kung Pow.

Or... did a great number of people actually like that movie besides me?
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #52 of 56
wait I know a film which blew godfather 3 I hate so much because of sofia coppola acting that is almost as bad as the actor who played anakin sky walker in attack of the clones. But the actual film I like. And not let's forget that jodie foster movie where her father is an alien. I hated that film so much that I bought it, hated it even more than dumped it on my kid brother, that's right contact but it should be renamed c*ntact ( because I feel like one for watching it again)

Sep 30, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #53 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by swalker
Cruel Intentions 2 : Absoulete garbage and the "twist" is, just, err, ridiculous.
biggrin.gif
However that doesn't stop it from being such campy fun, mcuh more so than the first one.

Never seen Cruel Intentions 2, but I actually liked the original, bad as it was. I mean... it's got Sarah Michelle Gellar...
biggrin.gif

~KS

Sep 30, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Another one for me is The Cutting Edge...I'm embarassed to even admit it. DB Sweeney as hockey star-turned-figure skater, dealing with the monster partner from hell...and of course, you know that they end up falling for each other.
rolleyes.gif
redface.gif

If another member of the Saturday Night Movie Club catches this post I'm in deep trouble (we're moving into a Kurosawa phase, I think) but

[size=xx-small]I liked The Cutting Edge too...I'm also a sucker for Ice Castles[/size]

Maybe they're not reading this
tongue.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #55 of 56
I have seen both Mission Impossible movies more than I can recall (at least 20 times each). I'm carefull about who I give this information to.

Sep 30, 2004 at 2:00 PM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Dumb and Dumber is not a terrible movie.

Word..

Everytime I watch that movie I laugh just as hard and as long as the 1st time I saw it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back