Movies that you know are terrible but love anyways
Sep 27, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #31 of 56
Well, I see that Point Break and Roadhouse have already been listed...

Another one for me is The Cutting Edge...I'm embarassed to even admit it. DB Sweeney as hockey star-turned-figure skater, dealing with the monster partner from hell...and of course, you know that they end up falling for each other.
rolleyes.gif
redface.gif

Most of these types of movies for me have sports themes...

The Program
Varsity Blues
Back to School (diving...remember the triple lindy?)

The last one is called Two Moon Junction...it's quite possibly the worst movie ever made, when one considers the quality of the acting. It's not even up to B-Grade ***** quality...which, when you consider how much sex and nudity there is in the movie, is a bit of a surprise.

Sep 27, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3cc0s
hackers

terrible plot, over the top acting (though I do like johnny lee miller and ang jolie nowadays)
Worse technical referencing and technical simulations

but hey, the phantom phreak, you know the king of LI--nux (sounds like LIE NUCS)

I love Hackers...its great. I thought that he was the king of NYNEX...its what i've always heard. The technical aspects of it were mostly horrible, but some of the hacking stuff, was real code...albeit mostly gibberish, within the cool little GUI.

That movie made me go sit at my comp for hours wearing my Oakley e-wires (in like...'95)...ahhh...the joys of adolescence.

Another one...

TREMORS!

On my first visit to the campus of the university I ended up attending, I walked into the Honors Lounge to, over the course of a couple hours, be privy to a conversation that started out with "Nietzsche vs. Foucault" and wound up coming to the topic of movies over the course of time which were pefect. No faults at all. The only one which was undisputed...Tremors. Not a single flaw. It took about 2 years to find one...it had Reba McEntire in it.

Ahh...the joys of intellectual conversation...i miss it.

**BRENT**

Sep 27, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #34 of 56
Definately another vote for Tremors. The sequels sucked majorly though.
tongue.gif

Last Action Hero (He's our governor now too! XD)

The Island Of Dr. Moreau (1997) The movie didn't really follow the book all that well, and Brando's acting was a bit outlandish, but I still liked it. Beat the crap out of the older version.

Edit: Street Fighter! How could I forget. Raul Julia's performance of M. Bison was awesome.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #35 of 56
Quote:

Come on...nobody mentioned "Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail" yet?

Cause it doesn't suck!! Holy Grail Rules!!!
580smile.gif

Bloodsport (OK, USA!!)
Gladiator (the boxing one)
Highlander
Only Fool's Rush In (at least, everyone TELLS me it sucks..)
Red Dawn

Any and all Schwarzenegger movies (Well, not Red Sonja, or Hercules goes Bananas)..

I second The Cutting Edge.. Good show..

Sep 28, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #38 of 56
Dudes some of the movies are classics. Transformers rocks. You haven't seen bad until :voodoo academy, banished behind bars, maniac cop2, the toolbox murders these films are so bad I had to buy them
biggrin.gif
But the worst acting I have seen in a film:Anakin skywalker in attack of the clones. Can't remember the actors name but this dude's acting is more wooden then pinnochio's....wait a minute that's an insult to pinnochio!
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #40 of 56
Sorry but,

I really love The Blues Brothers (We're on a mission from God), but I can't include it here because it isn't terrible.

3. Our Man Flint (I am not a pleasure unit)
2. Viva Las Vegas (Elvis and Ann Margaret and the RACE), Not terrible, just dated.

and my all time fave

1. The Masters of the Universe. Dolph Lundgren as He-Man, Frank Langella as Skeletor, Meg Foster (and those eyes) as Evil-Lynn, and Billy Barty as Gwildor. Also a young Courtney Cox Arquette, and the cheapest hook for an ending that leaves me sobbing every time I see it.

Sep 29, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #41 of 56
Deuce Bigelow male Jigilo
Starship troopers
What was the Ben Afleck/Bruce Willis / Liv Tyler Flick where they had to drill into the asteroid?
This is Spinal Tap
Mad Max / Road Warrior
Beverly hills Ninja
Flash Gordon early 80's (More -so for the Queen sound track)
Tommy boy

Edit:

I forgot Cannon ball run

Sep 29, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #44 of 56
I thought all the Die Hard movies were pretty bad but somehow I can't resist watching a bit as I surf thru the channels.
CPW

Sep 29, 2004 at 2:44 PM Post #45 of 56
Anything with Rob Schneider in it... ^^

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back