Mouse -Fi
Oct 8, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #421 of 616
Quote:
Microsoft IE 3.0, oldschool bitches! 7 years and still going strong. Had a couple of Logitechs and those are fine, but too small for me. Nothing matches my hand better, even my ****.

xD lawl nice

Still enjoying the Corsai m60

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #422 of 616
hi everyone,

Sorry if this particular question has already been asked :

I want to buy a new mouse as my wonderfully mediocre magic mouse is driving me mad. Long story made short, I selected three potential mice that may fit the bill (all from logitech): the g500, g700, and the performance mx.

I can buy the g700 and the performance xm at 70 euros (which is my price limit) while the g500 is around 45euros.

The performance's shape does seem a little bit too much "ergonomic" for me and I've read a lot of bad reviews about it. So it's basically between the g700 and 500.

In your opinion, is the performance gap between the two worth 25 euros?

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #424 of 616
enjoying my steelseries sensei, i think its the perfect mouse i've used so far. I've used the logitech g9x before that and tried the deathadder, but damn the sensei is just perfect to me -- primarily the side button positioning and size of the mouse overall. the two macro buttons on the right side aren't that hard to push compared to some razer mouses imo.

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #425 of 616
I have the deathadder right now as well and I'm starting to realize that I'm more of a claw/border-line fingertip grip player. The steelseries sensei seems like the logical step to take at this point. Also, razer synapse is incredibly inconvenient. They couldn't have bothered to allow profiles to be saved on the mouse?

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #426 of 616
Check this out  - very happy with mine

http://www.gadgetshunter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=78

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #428 of 616
It is nothing at all like the Apple hockey puck mouse.

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #429 of 616
^ that mouse looks horrible and gimmicky :/ like those troll mice they sell that's shaped like animals.

I have the deathadder right now as well and I'm starting to realize that I'm more of a claw/border-line fingertip grip player. The steelseries sensei seems like the logical step to take at this point. Also, razer synapse is incredibly inconvenient. They couldn't have bothered to allow profiles to be saved on the mouse?

The amount of misinformation about Synapse 2.0 is ridiculously astounding. It amazes me that people's reading comprehension is so low that they can't interpret clear information properly, so they trust what randoms on the Reddit spread.

Synapse 2.0 is made so they don't have to increase the size of the memory on the mouse for all your 5-6 profiles. High speed memory is really expensive, so imagine the costs added onto already a large investment.

If you install Synapse 2.0, it's like having the Razer mouse drivers installed, except when instead of storing all the 6 profile settings on your mouse with expensive memory and swapping which profile the mouse uses, you link it up to the Internet and if you want to switch profiles, it'll download the profile from the Cloud and swap out the old profile into your mouse.

Sure, it can be used as a cheap way to monitor some of their user's preferences, if you let them track your information, but that's in no way the only reason.

i.e. People are foolish and need to learn to interpret information properly.

I'm pretty sure if it's just my upbringing, but I try to question and understand what I'm reading. I'm taking Engineering courses and they drilled into us that high speed memory is expensive. Think about how much cache is on your CPU, and how important cache is to your system.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #430 of 616
Sure, it can be used as a cheap way to monitor some of their user's preferences, if you let them track your information, but that's in no way the only reason

I can never understand why people are so adamantly against this. I mean, who cares if a company collects anonymous usage data?

As someone who works on the internet for a living, I'm going to let everyone in on a little secret: Just about every site you have ever visited collects information about you. In fact, the percentage of sites that don't collect your data is so low that it another context it would be within the statistical margin for error.

However, a couple things to know:

1. The only way someone could identify you out of the dataset would be to already have excessively large amounts of information about you. They would have to match you against various anonymous entries to narrow down until they found you. That's a dataset of millions to sort through.
  2. The only things they'd ever learn are things you've pretty much released out into the public anyway. This idea people have that somewhere Google has all this information detailing your whole life... or anyone else for that matter, is a falsehood. They can infer things, and it can be accurate, but they don't actually know almost anything.
  3. Ego buster: No one cares about you. I can't stress this enough. Chances are, you aren't special. Why would someone bother to take the time, break a few laws, all so they can invade your privacy and find out about what DPI you set your mouse to? Seriously?

I hope that this nonsense is just a phase and that people eventually figure out how technology actually works. Otherwise I'm in for a very stressful career. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, UPDATE YOUR DAMNED BROWSERS.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #433 of 616
Is that the new death adder?  I have last years model and it feels amazing, people always think I'm weird using a full sized wired mouse when they see me out with it, but there is just no way in hell I could ever go back to one of those cheap little travel mice.

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #435 of 616
Quote:
^ that mouse looks horrible and gimmicky :/ like those troll mice they sell that's shaped like animals.
The amount of misinformation about Synapse 2.0 is ridiculously astounding. It amazes me that people's reading comprehension is so low that they can't interpret clear information properly, so they trust what randoms on the Reddit spread.
Synapse 2.0 is made so they don't have to increase the size of the memory on the mouse for all your 5-6 profiles. High speed memory is really expensive, so imagine the costs added onto already a large investment.
If you install Synapse 2.0, it's like having the Razer mouse drivers installed, except when instead of storing all the 6 profile settings on your mouse with expensive memory and swapping which profile the mouse uses, you link it up to the Internet and if you want to switch profiles, it'll download the profile from the Cloud and swap out the old profile into your mouse.
Sure, it can be used as a cheap way to monitor some of their user's preferences, if you let them track your information, but that's in no way the only reason.
i.e. People are foolish and need to learn to interpret information properly.
I'm pretty sure if it's just my upbringing, but I try to question and understand what I'm reading. I'm taking Engineering courses and they drilled into us that high speed memory is expensive. Think about how much cache is on your CPU, and how important cache is to your system.

Lol I found Synapse incredibly inconvenient even before seeing the post on Reddit about it. It doesn't matter to me if they take my user profile or anything because I understand that this is a way of monitoring user preferences. People bitch and whine about "the man" snooping in their stuff and yet, they keep going on Facebook.
I find Synapse to be inconvenient because there is a distinct lag between booting the computer and the time that it takes for Synapse to start up, which means that there's a period of about 15 seconds where the mouse's sensitivity is all wonky. Also, there's no way of switching between profiles without "alt+tab"ing out of whatever game that you're playing and actively switching the profile on the Synapse program's page. Also, may I add at this point that Synapse takes forever to load? And no, it's not a problem with my computer being ****ty because I have Synapse downloaded and loaded from my SSD. It's just an inefficient program. 
The fact that you have to be connected to the internet in order to switch profiles is ridiculous. Because Synapse is--like you said--a cloud-based program, if you don't have internet there's no way of getting your profile adjusted to what you want. 
Personally, I would MUCH rather prefer them to just let us download drivers from either their website or from a CD because keeping information for peripherals on the cloud is stupid and inconvenient.

It's funny because for being someone that tries to "understand what you're reading" you make a lot of assumptions. So before dissing someone, you should probably ask, "What do you mean by that?" 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back