Mouse -Fi
Aug 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #392 of 616
I'm not a fan of Phillips Twin Eye sensors, so I personally wouldn't get it.  It currently has X and Y sensors, but they're offset in such a way that it often interprets lifting the mouse or the mouse sinking into the mouse pad as diagonal movement. If Phillips were to add -X and -Y sensors to cancel out these errors it might be the best sensor, but as is I wouldn't want a mouse that uses one of them.  

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #393 of 616
I got Corsair M60 and I enjoy it very much, more buttons would be nice but for FPS the 2 that it has is pretty awesome! I've not used it with Vindictus yet although I have a feeling that the two Buttons will NOT be an issue there! 

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #394 of 616
Currently using a CMStorm Sentinel Advance.
Pretty pleased with it, although every now and again it will just shoot over to the other side of the screen for no reason :/

Got it 2nd hand for a decent price though, so can't really complain since it's a rare occurrence.

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #398 of 616
Quote:
Looking for a mouse with a decent sensor I guess, adjustable dpi would be nice (currently use 800).
1/2 side buttons (1 minimum), and the normal 2 main with a scrollwheel.
Don't need many fancy features or whatever

Well, any gaming mouse would do that. A favorite is the Death Adder because it has the added bonus of on-the-fly switching by pressing the scroll wheel and scrolling up/down. I wish someone else would implement that.

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #399 of 616
Well, any gaming mouse would do that. A favorite is the Death Adder because it has the added bonus of on-the-fly switching by pressing the scroll wheel and scrolling up/down. I wish someone else would implement that.

Well, I'm sure lots will do it, I'm wondering which are the better choices.

Not bothered about on the fly dpi switching if that's what you're referring to, since I use 800 all the time.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #400 of 616
Quote:
Not bothered about on the fly dpi switching if that's what you're referring to, since I use 800 all the time.

I didn't think much of it until I had it but it's nice for making small adjustments based on how you're playing that day. I know for myself that some days my reactions are very on target and I can have the sensitivity way up and hit every target where other days I need to tone it down just to hit center-mass.

But beyond that, the Death Adder is still a good mouse. Sensei from Steelseries is supposed to be pretty solid as well.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #401 of 616
Thinking of getting a Zowie EC1 EVO since I can pick one up in good condition for £25...

And since the main game I play (TF2) requires some standard mouse movement, change the sensitivity and suddenly you have to completely readjust, I'd never be able to cope, just want the one dpi really. (aslong as it's low)

Sep 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #403 of 616
Friend has heard mixed things, so I may not be keeping, but I like the looks and as a result hopefully feel of the mouse.

If it doesn't work out, tempted to go for a steelseries, or something like the zowie am :D

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #404 of 616
Quote:
Friend has heard mixed things, so I may not be keeping, but I like the looks and as a result hopefully feel of the mouse.
If it doesn't work out, tempted to go for a steelseries, or something like the zowie am
biggrin.gif

If you're having doubts just get a Steelseries mouse. They are very solid mice.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #405 of 616
The Zowie's probably the better option, Steelseries's mice never panned out how you might expect.  The Sensei and Xai use the 9800, Kana uses a pixart sensor with a low malfunction speed.  

G400, Death Adder, EC/AM, Savu (don't use the highest DPI step, it's fake), Maybe the CM Storm Spawn.  Those mice have the best sensors.  The funny thing is you can't pay attention to who makes it, mouse sensors are so funny that there's typically only one or two models from a given manufacturer that perform well.  Pretty much all of Zowie's mice use the same internals.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back